Low Profile Yakima 1A Style Gutter Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

icorradoi

SILVER Star
Threads
I've searched a bit, but could not come up with anything. Does anyone make a low(er) profile gutter mount that would work with the Yakima round crossbars?

I've removed my factory roof rack and am currently using the 1A gutter mounts, but would like to lower the height of the crossbars closer to the roof so my RTT doesn't sit as high as it does now.

Pic of current set up...

IMG_1084.JPG

One of the benefits of the height of your current mounts is access to mounting attachments on your bars. Can you imagine trying to get to the bolts or hardware with less clearance? Also, make sure to check your bolts frequently - this bolt - because the vibration of even travel on pavement, let alone offroad running, loosens these bolts. Ask me how I know...lol. There should have been a tool supplied with your mounts to tighten these bolts.

IMG_1303.JPG

That's a 9/16" bolt head, and yes it needs to be checked (a couple times a year or more is what I do).
I run the same mounts and I like them. They are a bit tall and I just ordered the wind fairing to try and cut down on the wind noise.

What RTT is that and how do you like it? Can you post of it opened up? Nice clean rig BTW. White is the best color for these trucks.

Thanks

Spring Creek used to make canoe racks that would accept a Yakima bar, and they were slightly lower profile than the 1A Raingutter tower, but they attached to the gutters on the vehicle and nobody has gutters anymore due to the advent of the aircraft style car door. It doesn't look like they still stock those.

They might have some old stuff laying around though. It's a small Mom & Pop type operation run by dedicated outdoors people. Not sure two would hold an RTT though. I think I would want four. We used them on shuttle vans that served the BWCAW, but ours were bolted to boards.

https://www.springcreek.com/

That's a 9/16" bolt head, and yes it needs to be checked (a couple times a year or more is what I do).
I run the same mounts and I like them. They are a bit tall and I just ordered the wind fairing to try and cut down on the wind noise.

What RTT is that and how do you like it? Can you post of it opened up? Nice clean rig BTW. White is the best color for these trucks.

Thanks

Thanks! It's not so clean anymore after Moab and a few wheeling trips, but that's what I bought it for.

The tent is a Maggiolina Grand Tour. It's weathertight and warm in the winter and has enough ventilation and insulation in the summer to keep it cool. It's got a great memory foam mattress and you can set it up and take it down in 5 minutes while leaving all your bedding inside. I highly recommend it. However, it's not cheap or light! I bought it used and got a great deal on it.

IMG_0870.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom