Low oil pressure (pic) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The missing cover is part number 90950-01803

Is it normal for the access cover to leak engine oil? Mine is doing the same, I still have the cover but it is bulged out and I got a new one from Toyota for less than $6.

Is it normal for the access cover to leak engine oil? Mine is doing the same, I still have the cover but it is bulged out and I got a new one from Toyota for less than $6.
What year truck do you have?

Is it "normal".... no. Is it common....yes.

The cause of the leak can be various things from valve cover gasket to oil pan gasket or rear main seal, depending on which version engine you have.

I have a '94, 1FZ-FE. Valve cover, spark plug tube seals, Distributor O ring were recently done (along with a boat load of other repairs- just got it). Just mentioning the oil seals that were leaking when bought last month. I have thoroughly cleaned the motor- no other oil leaks present- just at the flex plate cover

I have a '94, 1FZ-FE. Valve cover, spark plug tube seals, Distributor O ring were recently done (along with a boat load of other repairs- just got it). Just mentioning the oil seals that were leaking when bought last month. I have thoroughly cleaned the motor- no other oil leaks present- just at the flex plate cover

Then it would point toward the rear main seal.

Unless you are crazy about NO LEAKS!, then I'd just make sure I check the oil regularly and fill accordingly. R/R the rear main requires R/R of the transmission which is a giant PITA. Changing the seal itself is about 10 minutes.

No, I'm not that anal! I'm planning my first trip to Half Moon Gulch this weekend and making sure all is well. The list is kind of long what I've done to El Pollo (long story) the past 2 weeks. I live in the city and I want to know the best way to make sure my lockers are working- any ideas? They are factory front and rear and I did the pin 7 mod thanks to Slee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom