Low oil pressure light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 95 FJ80 with 260,000 miles. I’ve owned it for 22 years and love the truck. The low oil indicator intermittently started coming on. Oil pressure gauge is normal and oil level is full. Is it common for the sensors to fail?

The sensor is located on the lower drivers side of the engine. Clean up the electrical connections and see if it makes a difference. Sensor is easy to remove and i am sure a test is fairly straightforward. Its a bit spendy if you need a replacement.

Yeah this has started happening to me lately. Very common apparently, but shouldn't be too critical as long as you keep an eye on the dipstick.

I'd think it'd only a major issue if you somehow dumped all your oil and ignored the light in a boy-who-cried-wolf scenario, but that seems unlikely.

The sensor is located on the lower drivers side of the engine. Clean up the electrical connections and see if it makes a difference. Sensor is easy to remove and i am sure a test is fairly straightforward. Its a bit spendy if you need a replacement.
Thank you. I’ll give it a look

I have a 95 FJ80 with 260,000 miles. I’ve owned it for 22 years and love the truck. The low oil indicator intermittently started coming on. Oil pressure gauge is normal and oil level is full. Is it common for the sensors to fail?
So what is normal oil pressure gauge reading? I just had the sensor replaced and when he engine is warm, the gauge goes to about 10 at idle, then when I accelerate moves on up to 45-50 range. At 75 accelerating it at 55ish. Is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom