For Sale Low Mile SoCal 1997 lx450 Supercharged w/ Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=475232251

This is not mine but I was the first person to see it this morning... here’s my report. The supercharger is not for the fzj80 but the 5.0 engine, and it has a cat with incorrect numbers so it will not leagaly pass smog here in California with that supercharger and that one bad cat. It has a brand new looking locker dial but after the smog check fail I did not bother climbing under to see if they were there or test if they function. that’s the bad news and the reason I am not buying it, below is the rest of the details I remember if you are still interested.

It is a California truck with really no rust and despite it sitting for a while unused runs great. The birfields look dry and there is not much if any oil leaks. Tail pipe started up cold with no smoke and brakes look like they have good amount left on the pads. Tires are in good condition and overal interior is not bad. Tears in drivers seat, drivers side upper seat adj. button is missing, passages seat gear has gone so it’s disconnected, both sun visors are sagging, sunroof plastic molding has cracked but sun roof functions, drivers side mirror is cheap aftermarket, passanger side mirror is broken and taped, wipers are bad, air works great, rear seats and drop down seats are flawless, headliners is spotless, most of the carpet is spotless except drivers shows normal wear, dash board has two cracks one hairline one big one in front of driver, windows all work and are fast up/down and all windows have no cracks/chips. Paint is in overal good condition except a hand sized dent from a tree branch on the passanger side mostly in the hood near the bent antenna.

From the records I saw it looks like this was the current owners parents car and it was well taken care of before he took ownership of it. If the lockers are real and functional and if you are ok with getting it illegally smoged or taking it to a state that wont care, it could be a great truck.

What supercharger does it have? Never seen a non Toyota one that would fit

What supercharger does it have? Never seen a non Toyota one that would fit

It is a Toyota just not meant for that engine, meant for the 5.0 v8. Took it to two dif smog guys, and they both said the same thing. Second guy claimed I could come back in a week and he’d pass it for $160 wink wink

Guess I need to really research TRD supercharger info and designs because I can't see how that SC would remotely
work on the 5.0 V8.

what 5.0 V8 are you talking about? the one that Lexus uses in their IS-F, RC-F, etc.? Confused

It’s the right TRD supercharger kazuma but the sticker on the hood is wrong from the newer trd that’s Why.

76471B04-0EFA-4E7C-B413-58AA71DDE9BA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom