low fuel and check engine light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O.K. so when I get to around a 1/4 tank of fuel my check engine light comes on. as soon as I fill up and ride a while the check engine light goes off.. No I have not checked it with checker.. anyone else have this issue?

thanks inadvance

Maybe a bad gas cap causing some kind of vapor lock? I'd let you borrow my checker if you were close.

Bryan

At least it's coming on. Mine's a no show, and after driving an '05 F150 for a couple years, I've realized what a crutch I've let that light become. Just skeered to break into that dash.

decavo: if you have an auto parts store nearby most will pull the codes for no charge; autozone, advance auto, etc

cool looks like I am going to head to the ZONE and get it checked out... that is one way to see some parts to a do it yourselfer

Please read the sarcastic posts again and realize they are trying to tell you something.

Don't waste your time trying to find a checker for your '91, the paperclip method is what all the pros use.

decavo; I missed the fact that your rig is a 1991, your rig doesn't have the OBD II code reader port so the digital code reader won't work for you.

Here's a link to a thread discussing how to check codes on an OBD-I rig:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/186150-trouble-pulling-codes-realtime-help-appreciated.html
diagnostic center image..jpg

Last edited:
Please read the sarcastic posts again and realize they are trying to tell you something.

Don't waste your time trying to find a checker for your '91, the paperclip method is what all the pros use.

sarcasm.... who would have thunk someine om MUD would be sarcastic... :hmm::meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom