low first idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 FZJ80

I was chasing a misfire that ended up being a bad #6 injector, but in the process I did all sorts of work:
-removed PAIR system
-relocated O2 sensors to old PAIR location on manifold
-cleaned throttle body
-replaced spark plugs
-replaced distributor that had oil in it

I'm thinking I didn't put something back correctly when I replaced the injector, but now I have a low first idle - 800 rpm when it used to be ~1500 rpm. Also, it has an occasional hesitation when starting from stop.

I know I had to remove the throttle cables to get to the intake manifold. When I put them back, I adjusted them per the FSM. Does one of those affect first idle? I thought it was controlled by the IAC valve. Thanks for any help.

Double check that your throttle cable has the correct tightness, even though you adjusted it. My throttle was off when I did all that you did and also installed a new throttle cable. I had it too loose. Idle was all over the place. Right as rain after getting correct tightness. Also, I assume you checked your timing when you did the distributor?

Double check that your throttle cable has the correct tightness, even though you adjusted it. My throttle was off when I did all that you did and also installed a new throttle cable. I had it too loose. Idle was all over the place. Right as rain after getting correct tightness. Also, I assume you checked your timing when you did the distributor?
I’ll check the cable, but it idles fine. Just a little lower than it used to on cold startup. The timing was off after I put everything back together. Very low power. I took it to a Land Cruiser mechanic and he fixed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom