Low Country Land Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd be interested in hooking up with this club. I looked at the '19 calendar of events. Looks pretty fun.

You most definitely should join us for some camping and wheeling! I've been mostly inactive for the past year, but will be able to attend events again in April.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I am going to try and catch the cars and coffee event this month.

I'll probably be there this Saturday (2/9) also if you want to catch up

I have been trying to contact this group via their website to no avail. Have had 2 LCLC cards placed on my truck. Can someone please advise as to how to join? Sorry I missed the get together on the 23rd at Towne Center.

We'll have to check into that and let you know...welcome, nice 80

I have been trying to contact this group via their website to no avail. Have had 2 LCLC cards placed on my truck. Can someone please advise as to how to join? Sorry I missed the get together on the 23rd at Towne Center.
Welcome! Check out the calendar and come and join us for an event! Feel free to post more about your 80 on this clubhouse page, everyone would like to get to know you and your truck better.

'91 FJ 80 3FE - ~250K on the clock, speed-o-meter cable broke 15 years ago.
  • ARB Bull Bar with IPF Spots.
  • Safari Snorkel with deep water fording breather lines extended
  • ARB locked Front and Rear
  • Yukon Birfields and Longfield Axles (Front & Rear)
  • Regeared rear to 4.88
  • Custom Sound System - Amp, head unit, Sub and Component Speaker System
  • Bearcat CB & PA System
  • Underbody Rock lights
  • High output rear flood light
  • Custom rock slider rails
  • Upgraded headlight system with direct feed
  • Alpine alarm

Summer 2018 - Overhaul Project - After cruiser had sat up for almost 6 years, was ready to get out and start wheeling again. "Pepe" (The Little Mule) needed some love and fresh shoes. Had set a target of the 2018 ATR in Wind Rock Labor Day weekend to have him back and running. Trip was planed with 4 other trucks on a father/son trip. Would be my 6 yr son's first 4x4 trip.

Replaced -
  • Fuel Filter
  • Fuel Pump
  • Master Cylinder
  • Alternator - upgraded to high output
  • Replaced AC Condenser and refitted to R-134A coolant
  • New Belts
  • New Idler Pully
  • New Starter
  • New Optima Yellow Top
  • New Plugs, Wires, Cap, Button
  • All New Fluids - Oil, Diff, Brake, Coolant , transfer- Did not touch Transmission (do not break what is not broken)
  • New set of 33x12.50.15 KM2 BFGs - up-sized from 20 year old 32x11.50s BFG Mudders on Black steel Pro Comp Wheels
  • Upgraded transfer case skid plate with Slee plate
  • New OME lifted with Coils and Shocks - replaced 20 yr old OMEs
  • Sealed Sunroof - cables had rusted and drains were clogged - causing leak into cabin
  • Driver side mirror housing
Target Mods for 2019 and beyond
  • Rear bumper - looking at Slee for this
  • Roof rack - found shop out of Fayetteville, NC that will build made to order for ~$1000
  • 2nd Battery
  • Rear Drawer system
  • On-board Frig
  • Upgrade External Lighting - Light bar on Rack, 360 Degree flood lighting with Roof Rack install
  • Wrapping hood rise with mat black - glare reduction
  • Winch - what the hell!
  • Extend rock sliders to cover front quarter panels and extend protection below doors - custom fab
  • Skip plates for under body and diffs
  • On- board GPS and Mapping unit with external satellite antenna
Great to be wheeling again. Looking forward to GSMTR 2019, Uwharrie, back to N. GA for Earl's/Sandy Ford and Sarah's creek trails and some hometown forestry roads here in Francis Marion. Renewed my TLCA membership and just got my first new copy of Toyota Trails - what a great magazine and source of inspiration to get out there and use these trucks.

Is anyone a former member of the old 80sCOOL Yahoo group?

Have owned and worked on the 3FE for almost 20 years now, daily driver is 2001 LX 470 ( my 5th one). Always happy to help trouble shoot an issue or idea.

Sounds like a cool truck, nice to see one that is wheeled here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom