low coolant sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

I lost some coolant over the weekend. A hose connection failed at the heater valve towards the firewall.

That got me thinking about adding a low coolant sensor to avoid having to wait for an overheating situation. Has anyone done this? If so can you post details of the parts used and the installation?

Thanks,

Steve '94

If you go to european car parts yards and look, many of the mercedes models (especially old 's' classes like the 560SEL) have a super slick low coolant level mechanism that could EASILY be adapted into any landcruiser. It is a sort of float that when level indicates a properly filled system and when less than level indicates a system that is thirsty for some reason. The float is already engineered to stand up to coolant and heat so you cannot go wrong. In fact, you might find that with some extra tubing, you could even place the entire overfill tank with existing coolant level mechanism into the landcruiser's engine bay. A simple on/off light in or on the dash would be as easy as it gets in terms of an indicator light. HTH Someone. For All!

My KW semi has one in the rad.
I was going to stop at KW and see if they sell just the sensor.
One of these days I will stop and see how much it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom