Low Beams Flickering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having trouble with the low beams on my 1997 Land Cruiser. It is an intermittent problem and usually goes away after a couple minutes of driving. It may have something to do with the extreme cold temps or it could be the switch. The relay clicks on but it seems louder than I think it should be. If I jiggle the headlight switch or hold it while driving the lights stay on. It is my understanding that the airbag must be removed to change the switch so if anyone else has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Perhaps start with all the connections/fuses and relays; check and clean them all. Headlight relay, clean the tabs and test externally. RH and LH headlight fuse, clean tabs. wire to headlight connectors, clean and check. I had recently lost high beams and while trying to find the issue, my lows also went out. Non-factory low beams, so more relays are used including a while on high beam, low beam active - but all in all I had grounding issues and all resolved now. This is a good idea anyways to confirm the issue is not the switch. That is more difficult on your airbag 97 rig.

Thanks, I'll go do some cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom