Low airflow from heating/air system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've only had my LC for 4 months but the amount of airflow from the vents is ridiculously low, regardless if it's AC or heat. Even with the Reccirc button ON...I have to turn to the highest buttons to get any decent amount of flow. And the volume of output pales in comparison to any Japanese or Amercian SUV I've ever owned. Every Lexus I owned never had low flow issues like this.

Is this normal or should I get checked out? Yes, vents are open. Thanks.

I've only had my LC for 4 months but the amount of airflow from the vents is ridiculously low, regardless if it's AC or heat. Even with the Reccirc button ON...I have to turn to the highest buttons to get any decent amount of flow. And the volume of output pales in comparison to any Japanese or Amercian SUV I've ever owned. Every Lexus I owned never had low flow issues like this.

Is this normal or should I get checked out? Yes, vents are open. Thanks.

Remove the cabin air filter and see if the air flow is improved. If so, replace the cabin air filter with a cheap, new one.

HTH

Is the cabin filter plugged? Thats an easy check. Make sure to follow the process to a T since stuff can get broken if you dont follow the procedure.

Thank you guys for your replies and suggestion. I've done this before on other vehicles and just didn't think that a dirty cabin filter could impact flow that much...so I'll definitely inspect it in the AM.

On my 100 a blocked up cabin filter made a huge difference in airflow and fan noise.

More noise, less airflow.

If the filter has been previously replaced with an aftermarket filter these impede the flow reasonably compared to the oem one.
With my OEM filter when I go from fresh to recycle the flow increases, on the aftermarket one I tried that is referenced in a few places in the forum from Amazon it reversed and would flow less when switched to recycle.

OK..you guys nailed it...the old filter was really bad and a piece of junk. I bought an STP one from Autozone to get me by and I"ll probably order the Cleanaire ones I've read good reviews about. Question....flow arrows point up when replacing, correct?

Thanks again.

OK..you guys nailed it...the old filter was really bad and a piece of junk. I bought an STP one from Autozone to get me by and I"ll probably order the Cleanaire ones I've read good reviews about. Question....flow arrows point up when replacing, correct?

Thanks again.

Wrong! Air flow goes from top to bottom, so arrow should point down. Not a catastrophic error, just flip it and you'll be fine.

Glad you got the problem sorted.

HTH

Wrong! Air flow goes from top to bottom, so arrow should point down. Not a catastrophic error, just flip it and you'll be fine.

Glad you got the problem sorted.

HTH
Thank you @gaijin. Just installed my new filter and it’s now the correct direction . 🤜

Thank you @gaijin. Just installed my new filter and it’s now the correct direction . 🤜
I know this was a couple of years ago but did this hinder air flow all around like the footwell or just the dash vents were low flow?

I know this was a couple of years ago but did this hinder air flow all around like the footwell or just the dash vents were low flow?
I dont think it impacted flow at all. Its a Common complaint with the aftermarket filters is that they have a lower air flow. I was more concerned about getting the charcoal activated cabin filter orintated correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom