Love my 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my first LC, a 1993 fj80 last sept. It has all the options lockers, leather tow package. Green truck with grey interior 153,000. All major systems work. Needed a leather repair on drivers seat, new antenna,tires and front speakers.. Bought LC and drove it to northern Colorado from Texas for a 10 day elk and fly fish trip. Towed my off road trailer with gear and three hunters.. I logged 5000 miles about 1000 off road in all kinds of conditions,, rain sleet and some light snow.. I cant beleve how much I love my truck.. I went as far as selling my BMW and now drive the LC as my DD. Even my porsche has taken second seat. I even went and bought a new FJ Cruiser for my wife to drive. I paid only 3000 for the 80 and cant beleve the joy I have received.. LC now has 177000.No problems.This forum is terrific and informative. Cant wait to add some ARB stuff. Just thought I should share.. Texas LC

Wow. 3K? Nice score!
:flipoff2: Welcome!

i can see myself loving one too, but dont have one yet :D. but im searching. Not to hijack anything but you mentioned repairing the leather seat... one i was looking at had a little leather wear, how much did that run you if you dont mind me asking? i heard reupholstery was pricey.

glad you like it so much, it's all you who keep on making me get more and more jealous:flipoff2:

Welcome to the club and the addiction! I picked my 80 up from Texas and drove it home to Georgia and have loved it ever since. She's not shiny anymore...but sure is PRETTY to me! Good move on ditching the beemer...personally I have had to give too many friends who drive a beemer or a mini a ride home from the shop. I can't imagine they are special cases either. Something funny about a 12 year old truck (mine) being more dependable than a new $65000 dollar beemer...

Lets see some pics.

Green is the best. :flipoff2:

PICS are on the way... The seat cost me 180 to replace the main seat panel(leather)... The Bimmer was a 2004 330ci coupe. nice car till it hit 80k Then went to crap.. LC is a tank that drives like a new car.. the 3k thing is what blows me away.. The 330 was costing me 14K a year to operate. what a money pit. I could spend half that in one year and rebuild replace and mod the the crap out of the LC and end up with a better vehicle.. Its a no brainer if you ask me...

This is an addiction, glad you your rig is treating you right!

Welcome!

I would get that paint looked at immediately. :flipoff2:

PIX

ok here is the pix of the clean canvas..
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Nice. Don't worry about the green haters, they're just jealous. We all know that white is the worst color out there. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom