Builds Love Bug, the Land Cruiser and me... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep that filter assembly. It is THE one to have.
And now that you understand what caused the problem, you will never have it again. So there is nothing to run away from either.
FWIW, the next best filter is the FJ60 version, which is a disposable version of what you have. :meh:

Keep that filter assembly. It is THE one to have.
And now that you understand what caused the problem, you will never have it again. So there is nothing to run away from either.
FWIW, the next best filter is the FJ60 version, which is a disposable version of what you have. :meh:
Thanks Mark, I appreciate your insight and suggestions. Now my only concern is how much filter fiber got into the carb you rebuilt...

Ok, so it's not filter material... much to hard... Like a phenolic wafer and the filter is clean and full of fuel... I took the carb apart and found this above the float needle.
Is there anything in the fuel pump that has this material? I am pretty sure this is from the fuel pump... I'm no longer getting fuel to the carb...

Pic for reference and maintaining interest....
20220815_112816.jpg

Just to be sure... Since I cannot find 23100-60050 or 23100-69035, can use the newer fuel pump (23100-61011) and just put my old fittings on it?? :wrench: 🤔

Man, it's been a minute

The 40 has been plagued with hesitation after replacing the fuel pump. I removed the carb pulled the top and had the fiber disc debris in the bowl...I dumped it out and these pieces can out as well... I'll be looking up a carb diagram shortly... think I'm missing a spring...

20230810_192646.jpg

20230810_192709.jpg

No spring for that generation. The weight, stopper and check ball is all that exists. The 2F carb switched to a stop pin, spring and check ball. Both interchangeable.

Impressive the weight and stopper is intact, those are usually the first to disappear.
In order of dropping in the hole: ball, weight, stopper on top?

20231117_152158.png

F-M-L
Anyone have the size of the brass screws on the secondary butterfly? Found ours had filled with water and rusted... tried to remove the peening but it wasn't enough... almost at the point of looking for a carb...

Ok, looking for a reasonably priced 9/69 - 9/72 carb... one that uses the cable end, not the ball link.... Shamelessly using pics from 84lumberman's thread...
carb linkage.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom