Wanted LOUISIANA/MISS Gulf coast:: looking for a 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Looking for a decent 470/100...... 1998-2006 for my daily driver work vehicle. Cash in hand... South Louisiana/Mississippi Gulf Coast... Must have service records.

Supercharger can come off. PM me for more info.

Supercharger can come off. PM me for more info.

Looks good, but you gonna want wayyy more than im willing to pay for that thing....

Looks good, but you gonna want wayyy more than im willing to pay for that thing....
They spend the time to MOD half of the things in their car only to realize "crap, how do i get rid of this and hope I get back what I put in". It amazes me every time.

Look on Atlanta Craigslist. There are about 7 different ones from 2006 back from $3500-$16,900
Also a very nice 2000 LC on Chattanooga CL.

Look on Atlanta Craigslist. There are about 7 different ones from 2006 back from $3500-$16,900
Also a very nice 2000 LC on Chattanooga CL.

ive seen them...either too much money or its a dealer with not many records and damages

ive seen them...either too much money or its a dealer with not many records and damages
Flooded salvaged auction rusted photoshopped on internet "this is the cleanest truck from texas(that we but at Illinois auction with 15 years in rust belt with undercarriage that looks like the Jordan's basketball. Painted over with 6 cans of rustoleum). When can you come visit because I cant show you photos cause I'm not bending over."

Sure, all of them.....Everybody wants too much for them. Keep looking and you'll find it eventually.

Sure, all of them.....Everybody wants too much for them. Keep looking and you'll find it eventually.

What I noticed is that a lot of people who have them and want to sell are trying to get ~20-25% over "market". Now the question is - do buyers buy them and how many cross the bid and meet the ask?

Because if the ask is say 20k, but its sold for 17k, then it means the buyers are asking too much for some reason other than... greed or... stupidity... or knowing that price will be negotiated down.

Now if SOME buyers cross the bid and pay the ask, 20k, then I think other sellers want to play the "the guy next to me is 6ft tall, so I also must be 6ft tall" game.
If ALL buyers cross the bid, then the "value" moves up to 20k.

I just havent seen value in a lot of the cruisers for sale. They are either 220k plus someone elses customizations like a lift (and they want you to pay for that lift kit too as if you wanted it lmao). ... And then there are flooded salvaged auctioned body shop or rust queens at 140k miles hoping to be sold to some idiot who cant sleep peacefully at night, and then there are those that are clean but because they are clean and the other selection is poor, they take their pricing out of the equation and base their price on the fact that the other 2 options are no gos, so they try to overprice by 20-25%.

This is the problem, because they think they are going to get it bought at that price for using this basic thinking, thinking that this is going to get them anywhere, where in reality they will just sit and post consecutive "price lowered" bumps.

At the root, this is a sign that our civilization hasn't progress. Nothing to do with the LC - but rather that the "Look at how smart I am (herp derp)" attitude is actually going to show them how stupid they are. I experienced the same thing with boat buying, house buying, and it did make me angry, but the anger they achieved on their side upset them in a uprising way when they realized their cardboard box isn't worth what they wanted.

Now who's job is it to explain to morons that they are not the Einstein they think they are. That includes myself too.

I agree, ARB bumpers don't make a $20k-30k truck. If you think things are inflated with 100s, go look at 80 series classifieds. You'll find it though, I bought a 1 owner, 1994, 80 series triple-locked from the original owner for $2500 a couple years ago. I looked everyday for a year on CL and here

Looking for a decent 470/100...... 1998-2006 for my daily driver work vehicle. Cash in hand... South Louisiana/Mississippi Gulf Coast... Must have service records.
i have a one owner (I am the second owner) LC 100. Silver Grey Exterior {Colour Code: 1D2, Stock Code: M4610}, Grey leather interior. 204,000. Zero rust, from south Texas. Paint is oxidized especially the hood, as normal. Leather in row 2 and 3 is very good. Front driver not good, passenger needs a bottom only. Before I paint and do my thing with this, thought I would get this to you for your consideration. Was planning to put new large size tires on this Monday and possibly having the wheels painted and replacing the carpet. Nothing has been done to this truck, very stock. Former owners had all the service done at the Toyota dealership and purchased new. Sunroof not working. AC is good. Again, no rust at all underneath!!! Very solid. Photos can be sent by private email.
Thanks, Nathan
903 714 2133

What I noticed is that a lot of people who have them and want to sell are trying to get ~20-25% over "market". Now the question is - do buyers buy them and how many cross the bid and meet the ask?

Because if the ask is say 20k, but its sold for 17k, then it means the buyers are asking too much for some reason other than... greed or... stupidity... or knowing that price will be negotiated down.

Now if SOME buyers cross the bid and pay the ask, 20k, then I think other sellers want to play the "the guy next to me is 6ft tall, so I also must be 6ft tall" game.
If ALL buyers cross the bid, then the "value" moves up to 20k.

I just havent seen value in a lot of the cruisers for sale. They are either 220k plus someone elses customizations like a lift (and they want you to pay for that lift kit too as if you wanted it lmao). ... And then there are flooded salvaged auctioned body shop or rust queens at 140k miles hoping to be sold to some idiot who cant sleep peacefully at night, and then there are those that are clean but because they are clean and the other selection is poor, they take their pricing out of the equation and base their price on the fact that the other 2 options are no gos, so they try to overprice by 20-25%.

This is the problem, because they think they are going to get it bought at that price for using this basic thinking, thinking that this is going to get them anywhere, where in reality they will just sit and post consecutive "price lowered" bumps.

At the root, this is a sign that our civilization hasn't progress. Nothing to do with the LC - but rather that the "Look at how smart I am (herp derp)" attitude is actually going to show them how stupid they are. I experienced the same thing with boat buying, house buying, and it did make me angry, but the anger they achieved on their side upset them in a uprising way when they realized their cardboard box isn't worth what they wanted.

Now who's job is it to explain to morons that they are not the Einstein they think they are. That includes myself too.

@dmac95 Sounds like you have it all figured out.

@noladatman Sorry. Good luck on your search. It would be nice to see another 100 around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom