Louisiana/Area For Sale/Wanted: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know right :(, I'm rearranging my stable to fit our needs going forward. With 2 teenage drivers coming up decided to make some hard changes. After stewing on it a bit the plan was to sell the Sequoia and the 80 for a TT 4-Runner and a Taco. I wanted to build a TT 4-Runner and the wife gave me the go ahead to go get it but something had to give :( My nephew was in a pinch trying to sell his 2013 Tacoma and after no success I decided it had what I needed and would be happy with it as well and could make it fit my needs. Was planning to follow up next year with a second Tacoma 03/04 4 Dr for Holden but he asked if he could keep the Sequoia and after explaining the gas situation and size then taking him out driving in it he firmed up his decision to keep it. The Tacoma will be built for overlanding and used for the trip to Colorado next summer as I'm ready to head off and try some new adventures in overlanding and it sounds like we have several in the club that are interested in heading the same direction. The 80 will be sorely missed but I have no doubts it'll be roaming the trails and making a new owner happy for years to come as it did for us. Its like loosing a family member lots of great trips and memories in it.
2009-06-09 17.51.06.jpg
539860_579460762064156_572933190_n.jpg
402940_579492118727687_135801540_n.jpg
482608_579492142061018_388190444_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening all - Does anyone know where i might be able to find a nice 60 Series with a 5 speed that wont break the bank? I am having a hard time finding what i am after without having to drive to BFE to get it... Thanks in advance.

Northshore Toyota has a tan 60 series on the lot right now. They are asking $21k for it. Don't know details on transmission and such but it should be on their website.

Yes thank you for the information - I went and looked at it a few weeks ago. It is not even close to a 21k truck, needs way too much TLC. Cracked paint on drivers side door, leaking rear main, oil galley seeping, exhaust rusted through in several spots, air cleaner suction hose torn completely in half and needs a catalytic converter. I tracked down the previous long term owner in MS. and he said he bought it for $6800.00 - i think it is worth more than that - but not much more.

Last edited:

Thank you for that information as well. I saw that one, but - I am looking for a manual transmission, also it has a V-8 engine. I would prefer the original straight 6 or possibly a diesel. I really scour the CC ads and classifieds every day. If you know of anyone that might have what i am after that is not in the normal channels - i would appreciate the info.

Last edited:
Good evening all - Does anyone know where i might be able to find a nice 60 Series with a 5 speed that wont break the bank? I am having a hard time finding what i am after without having to drive to BFE to get it... Thanks in advance.

See attached, what I was trying to send in a PM.

12289684_1171202846223275_6757524583524917431_n.jpg

I just tried texting the guy - so he sent me a few pictures via text, gave me a brief description that he had a mechanic go through the whole truck, and he didn't have any leaks, Not that i don't trust this guy but come on - I don't know him from Adam so i wanted more info. Then he got quite upset when i simply asked that he emailed me the pictures so i could see them on the computer - and then i asked him to take a few undercarriage pictures with a current dated newspaper in the frame. He told me to forget it, and that i was questioning his integrity. (Nothing more was said by me at all) That was one of the oddest text messages i have ever received - Almost like he was hiding something or - I don't really know? I closed the message to this fellow with - OK - Good luck with your sale, as i truly hope he sells his vehicle - if that is what he is trying to accomplish. His reply was - I sure don't want to sell it to you. (This is verbatim) Anyway, the search continues. Thanks for the info guys - I really appreciate all the leads here...

Last edited:
I just tried texting the guy - so he sent me a few pictures via text, gave me a brief description that he had a mechanic go through the whole truck, and he didn't have any leaks, Not that i don't trust this guy but come on - I don't know him from Adam so i wanted more info. Then he got quite upset when i simply asked that he emailed me the pictures so i could see them on the computer - and then i asked him to take a few undercarriage pictures with a current dated newspaper in the frame. He told me to forget it, and that i was questioning his integrity. (Nothing more was said by me at all) That was one of the oddest text messages i have ever received - Almost like he was hiding something or - I don't really know? I closed the message to this fellow with - OK - Good luck with your sale, as i truly hope he sells his vehicle - if that is what he is trying to accomplish. His reply was - I sure don't want to sell it to you. (This is verbatim) Anyway, the search continues. Thanks for the info guys - I really appreciate all the leads here...

WOW!

Obviously someone that is not part of this community and a guy you don't want to buy from. Sorry to hear that

First off, I am NOT AFFILIATED with this sale.

This truck showed up on my daily commute.
It is located at a body shop across the road from Hammond Airport, Hwy. 190.
And before you ask, I forgot to check for lockers. I'll try to stop and check tomorrow.

Paper reads,

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser, 40th Anniversary Edition

All Wheel Drive
Sunroof
229,000 Mi.
Good Mechanical Condition!

Motor, Transmission Well Maintained
Body and tires very good.
Garage kept

Only known issues:
Seats have wear and do not adjust forward or rear.
Driver side mirror needs work.

$8,700 FIRM AS IS
Text only (504)-415-5127

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

Thanks for posting it Riley, Mike posted it on our FB page a week or so ago. Certainly a solid rig to build up and have some adventures with but priced too high for a stock 80 with 200+ on the clock it may sit for a while until the price falls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom