Lots of recent upgrades but thinking about selling... thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spend a good amount of time on the Big Island and keep tabs on Cruisers for sale on FB Marketplace plus Craigslist for entertainment only. If you decide to sell the 80, my advise would be to do it on the mainland. Not a big market in the islands due to relatively small population, plus locals tend to be more like Alaskans in the sense they’re not impressed with highly inflated prices “just because” that’s what they’re selling for on the West coast.

Agreed on the girly color :rofl:

Back in 2001, there were NO FJ80's for sale in AZ... I asked a couple dealerships to let me know if they ever see one get traded in and sure enough, about 3 months later, I got a call that I needed to come in that day or it would be gone... no choice on color for sure and he divulged that others were pissed I bought it before it it their lot... he sent me to their paint shop to look at it as they were repainting the fender flares to get it ready for sale. Been loving seeing AZ wilderness for over 22 years now but its time to pack my bags and get back to my roots... Iirc, I paid $25K for a stock 5yr old FZJ80 with 45k miles in 2001.
Best color of FZJ80 ever. That being said, I'm partial. My mom drove one just like yours off the lot and that was the child transporter for my formative years. I wish we kept it.

IMG_6809.jpeg

Sold it to someone down the street and it didn't last long without a cozy garage to be parked in.
IMG_3774_Original.jpeg

I spend a good amount of time on the Big Island and keep tabs on Cruisers for sale on FB Marketplace plus Craigslist for entertainment only. If you decide to sell the 80, my advise would be to do it on the mainland. Not a big market in the islands due to relatively small population, plus locals tend to be more like Alaskans in the sense they’re not impressed with highly inflated prices “just because” that’s what they’re selling for on the West coast.

Thanks for that info... the last time I was on the Big Island, I showed pics of my LC and the guys there were saying the opposite... that i'd be surprised how much money folks have there (as 2nd homes and such) and would pay top dollar for a "cherry Toy like that bra" lol

Thanks for that info... the last time I was on the Big Island, I showed pics of my LC and the guys there were saying the opposite... that i'd be surprised how much money folks have there (as 2nd homes and such) and would pay top dollar for a "cherry Toy like that bra" lol

If they got money money, they aren't gonna buy anb unreliable 30 year old Toyota for their 2nd home
The real money rolls around in range rovers poorsche, Merc, AMG etc etc

Definitely a car culture there and they really love their Toyotas.

Some guy on Toyota land cruiser marketplace started advertising his UZJ100 on island a couple months ago and still hasn't sold it. He had asked for feedback on how much to ask. I think the person suggesting "12K tops" was probably the most realistic advice. Over 200K miles, 2004 model year. The owner was asking over 20K, now he's down to 19500. Of course a nice 80 series like yours should be far more attractive. Still, it's a small market where the right buyer could take awhile to surface.

As you probably know, vehicle registration in Hawaii is based on weight and it ain't cheap. Also, gas remains close to $5/gallon there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom