Lots of info and pics of the new Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one looks good, a couple of lightforces would look good on that rack.

9hi22u.jpg

Are those facotry sliders?

I'm not seeing a lot of wheel travel or clearance there.

I also heard that Toyota was trying to make the inside waterproof, but I don't see a factory snorkel.

However, it does look like a better everyday, around town driver than my Outback!

Overall for myself, still very very dissapointed in this design.......

Removable top and some simularities to a FJ40 would of been nice????

Radd Cruisers said:
Overall for myself, still very very dissapointed in this design.......

Removable top and some simularities to a FJ40 would of been nice????

WHo says there won't be a removable top in the future.

I was not aware of Toyota saying "no we have no plans on making this a capable trail vehicle in the future"

Everybody needs to quit jumping to conclusions. It's going to be a first year model. Let them get the bugs out before they start making changes. They have to start somewhere. Did you really think they would bring out a trail rig that competes with the 40. I'm sorry but the maket for those owners is very small. Market for a midsize suv is huge. They need something that will make money. Not make the purist happy. SO what if it's not a solid axle in the front. From the reviws so far it's going to be one of the hottest vehicle of next year. And a big boost in the arm for Cruiser clubs all around. With the way people are cutting up cruisers for buggies and trail vehicles and trashing them these days and the fact that most people buying new landcruisers don't give a crap about it's capabilities. I'm glad to see anything that give the cruiser clubs a boost in the arm.

Ya'll are starting to sound like the new cruiser owners are going to be like H2 owners.

And Radd this wasn't directed towards you. Just a response to comments I've seen in this section.

And yes I will buy a Cruiser after the first year. Because it's a cruiser and I like all cruisers.

Do any of you know if there are any Dealers that are expressing any interest in using older cruisers in the introduction of the FJ? We were thinking about approching the local dealers to have a kind-of "Cruiser show" when they introduce the new truck. It would be great advertisment for our club. Just wondering???

Later,

dealers

jeff
rhe local dealerships in atlanta approached the georgia cruisers in 2004.
Bodean said:
Do any of you know if there are any Dealers that are expressing any interest in using older cruisers in the introduction of the FJ? We were thinking about approching the local dealers to have a kind-of "Cruiser show" when they introduce the new truck. It would be great advertisment for our club. Just wondering???

Later,

I was asked to loan a 40 or 45 to the local dealer, I will prolly pass

Bodean said:

Later,

My local parts dealer recently told me that they received an email from corporate Toy. asking peeps at the dealership to find an older 40 series to place next to the new FJ when it does arrive.

I guess they are trying to show the 'development' of the cruiser...hmmm....not sure this is the right type of development direction though....

Hey Landpimp....how come you aren't going to let them borrow one of your rigs?

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Bryan062087 said:
wow that thing is fawking hideous

I am not a big fan of the styling either. But oh well, they did not ask for my input.

that email was looking for a near stock 40 to display at the SEMA show in Vegas

and because i don't wanna :D

beno said:
My local parts dealer recently told me that they received an email from corporate Toy. asking peeps at the dealership to find an older 40 series to place next to the new FJ when it does arrive.

I guess they are trying to show the 'development' of the cruiser...hmmm....not sure this is the right type of development direction though....

Hey Landpimp....how come you aren't going to let them borrow one of your rigs?

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Like Pimp said, these are the exact same pictures that have been on the net for the last year.

And these are the exact same criticisms of those pictures that have been on the net for the last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom