lost on the 4.7, could use some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I didn't overheat, but the radiator blew on the 04 Sequoia. The traction control and check engine light was on. The radiator had a bunch of brown goo on it too and there was some in it, assuming a stop leak type stuff. It sprayed the inside of the engine pretty good when it went, so I suspect something got wet and that's why it doesn't start, but this thing is bugging me now. I've had some pain in the butt car problems. Any thoughts?

Maybe check the crank sensor down by the AC compressor. Water shouldnt affect it but?? Ive seen a belt get thrown and take out that sensor too.

Make sure the connectors on top to the ignition coils are dry - it sholud at least run rough?

Check the connector that mounts to the side of the throttle body - somehow a bunch of water got into the connector?

Water get into the spark plug tubes?

Also on the unlikely extreme, if the water came out fast, the temp sensor cant read steam too well and maybe it did overheat too much(hopefully not!) and possibly blew the headgasket?

What happens when you key it up? Do the warning lights come on again? Does the engine turn over at all? John

I got it started, but it struggles to get started and struggles to stay running. The idle is SUPER low, and I'm getting vibrations when it's running. No white smoke out the tailpipe. ABS light and check engine light are both on.

So my impression now is fuel pressure regulator. Any seconds?
If it is a fueling problem then the vibration is likely random/uneven misfire. If the vibration is even/consistant, then I would think a spark problem, maybe coilpacks? John

Do you have a scanner? On mine, I can look at individual cylinder performance via many different parameters.

Squirt a little ether in that intake and see if she cleans up for a few seconds...

That would prove you have a fuel delivery issue.

It's a head gasket. Now I'm debating how to make some lemonade. I'm researching 2uz with 1uz heads, pulling it and dropping in a 4.7 from an 05 which has some more power, 5.7 won't happen but would be sick.

It's a head gasket. Now I'm debating how to make some lemonade. I'm researching 2uz with 1uz heads, pulling it and dropping in a 4.7 from an 05 which has some more power, 5.7 won't happen but would be sick.

Head gaskets aren't a bad job on the 4.7...maybe 8-10 hours.
Hopefully no other damage is waiting to surprise you:cheers:

If I'm already taking the heads in to get machined, is a port and polish worth the etra investment? I'm having a hard time finding an answer. 1uz heads are out because I can't afford the new pistons that I would have to buy.

If I'm already taking the heads in to get machined, is a port and polish worth the etra investment?
I wouldn't waste the $$. With no dyno before and after how would you now if the porting helped or hurt the power numbers:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom