lost compression exhaust valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've already rebuilt the entire engine. Five years and 20k miles ago. I played the "while your in there" game. Recently I've chased my tail trying to fix a misfire with lean code #25. Bit the bullet and took it to a good mechanic for the first time. Compression in #3 was 70 while the other 5 were between 140-150. Wasn't expecting to have the head off this beast again....but here we go. gonna cross my fingers that one valve is all that really needs addressed with the next machine shop. (shop that did my head last time is out of business)
I have good oil pressure
no smoke.
no overheating
starts right up
vibrates and idles very rough
How would you all tackle this knowing that the motor was rebuilt and should have lasted a long time? And don't say Vortec swap lol

I've already rebuilt the entire engine. Five years and 20k miles ago. I played the "while your in there" game. Recently I've chased my tail trying to fix a misfire with lean code #25. Bit the bullet and took it to a good mechanic for the first time. Compression in #3 was 70 while the other 5 were between 140-150. Wasn't expecting to have the head off this beast again....but here we go. gonna cross my fingers that one valve is all that really needs addressed with the next machine shop. (shop that did my head last time is out of business)
I have good oil pressure
no smoke.
no overheating
starts right up
vibrates and idles very rough
How would you all tackle this knowing that the motor was rebuilt and should have lasted a long time? And don't say Vortec swap lol
Pull the head, check it and piston and block for damage.

If needed, rebuild or go with NEW short block and reman a used head.

Pull the head, check it and piston and block for damage.

If needed, rebuild or go with NEW short block and reman a used head.

I have no reason to believe head or block would have any damage from a leaky valve. If your suggesting this is possible what makes you think so? especially with 20k miles ? If it is, ill be inclined to go with GM lol

I have no reason to believe head or block would have any damage from a leaky valve. If your suggesting this is possible what makes you think so? especially with 20k miles ? If it is, ill be inclined to go with GM lol
Is this the thread that the engine only turns a little more than half turn and stops?

My thought is about a dropped valve head.

However, if you drive it over there...

Then, nevermind..........

Nope, runs and drives but she ain't being driven anymore until this valve issues resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom