Lost cap on DC Fabrications Bumper Swingout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m not sure where to go to find this part. It
Must have popped off while I was driving. For obvious reasons, I want to replace it.

0430EE83-C065-4217-B845-BD74E9715E0D.jpeg

Here what it originally had:

I’m hoping someone on here might have an idea where to look for a part like this.

15E78836-1847-49ED-A90D-E492146AF96C.jpeg

Any trailer hub dust cap ought to fit.

Reactions: MoJ
What’s the story behind the interference with the body?
Ha! Good question. I suspect the frame on the test vehicle was not 100% straight. I’m going to fix it when I take it off to have it re-powder coated.

Any trailer hub dust cap ought to fit.
I might try that in the short term, but would like something low profile like the original in the long run.

Looks pretty rusty in there better clean up the corrosion and add some grease, maybe a slee cap will fit

Looks pretty rusty in there better clean up the corrosion and add some grease, maybe a slee cap will fit

It won’t do much good until I get a replacement cap 😕

For reference sake, I ended up going with these 2" plastic end caps.

I'll post again once I get them on to confirm fitment. Thanks for all of the replies. Love this forum!

I measured the diameter needed on my custom bumper swingout and then ordered the correct size hub bearing cap on amazon. Hopefully you find the low profile cap you are seeking.

Mine turned out to be:

Tie Down Engineering (81167) 1.98" Hub Dust Cap​

I measured the diameter needed on my custom bumper swingout and then ordered the correct size hub bearing cap on amazon. Hopefully you find the low profile cap you are seeking.

Mine turned out to be:

Tie Down Engineering (81167) 1.98" Hub Dust Cap​

Nice! What bumper do you have?

Thanks for posting this.

I have a custom R bumper built by Sean Huston in San Diego. I do not think he is building them anymore. He has my old 60 now. Cheers.
3E76D053-A792-4A34-8721-00399FBE8E54.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom