loss of power! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you're better off changing them out.....they will become faulty and it's not fun to go into limp mode trying to cross two lanes of traffic...

TB will have all new parts. Will test the old TPS & APPS and maybe keep as spare.

Just hope this motor cures my problems! :crybaby:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

New Throttle Control Motor in, still NO JOY!!

Before i put it in, dealer extracted following codes;

P0120- THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT
P0120- ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT
P1121- ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR RANGE
P1125- THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR CIRCUIT

Recommendation: Requires new Throttle Housing and Motor, quoted £1260 (incl labour)

ok........

TPS, APPS & THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR have all now been replaced.............

what the hell do I do now?? :bang::bang::bang:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

New Throttle Control Motor in, still NO JOY!!

Before i put it in, dealer extracted following codes;

P0120- THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT
P0120- ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT
P1121- ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR RANGE
P1125- THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR CIRCUIT

Recommendation: Requires new Throttle Housing and Motor, quoted £1260 (incl labour)

ok........

TPS, APPS & THROTTLE CONTROL MOTOR have all now been replaced.............

what the hell do I do now?? :bang::bang::bang:

Has the ECU been checked? It might be worth reflashing to see if it got screwed-up somehow.

I'll take a look at the FSM to see if I can spot something...

EDIT: It might help to know what year your rig is... duh.

Has the ECU been checked? It might be worth reflashing to see if it got screwed-up somehow.

I'll take a look at the FSM to see if I can spot something...

EDIT: It might help to know what year your rig is... duh.

It's a 1999

how do I flash the ECU?

I looked at the workshop manual, the wiring loom or ECU spring out :doh:

i know others on here will correct me, but don't you just disconnect the battery for a while? And if you've got dual batteries then both obviously.
the ECU will then have to "re-learn" everything once the battery is connected.
cheers
peter

:hillbilly:
i know others on here will correct me, but don't you just disconnect the battery for a while? And if you've got dual batteries then both obviously.
the ECU will then have to "re-learn" everything once the battery is connected.
cheers
peter

to reset it, yes, but not to "flash" it :hillbilly:

:hillbilly:

to reset it, yes, but not to "flash" it :hillbilly:

The dealer or another knowledgeable person with the correct tools would have to flash it.

AFRIKANZ - PM'd you.

flashed ecu.................. ecu is fine

Still stuck............... help!

How did You solve Your problem???Reading all the posts about APPS and the follow up on repairs.Probably need one soon,got P1120 today.Serching the net for new TB.Can't find anything.

I replaced my APPS, and adjusted the throttle cable. At first it didn't respond to the throttle for the first 1/4 of travel.
I unhooked the battery & rechecked everything to make sure it was fine. Reconnected the battery and all was good.
DMX

My 98 Land Cruiser got the same issue. Got the APPS replaced and needed to get the battery unhooked to reset the CEL. Now my car is running. I am going to test it out on local road to see if it is really fixed. :)

from what I read you are going to need a scanner with datascrem capabilities not just a obd reader, a good digital multymeter so you can backpobe the ecm, tp and apps conector and check that ressitance and Volt are on specs, maybe you hace a short and the ecm is interpreting as TP APP Or maybe the shor is inside the ECM, reflash it wont fix it becouse reflashing is just uppdate the soffware .

I have exactly the same problem as Afriknaz does. mine is a 99 lx470. Replaced the TPS and APPS and cleaned the TB. Now it still doesn't respond to the accelerator and idles at close to 2K.

I was thinking the TCM might not be responding. My sypmtoms are very similar to Afrikanz and also throws code 1128 and 1129.

Do In need to get this to a dealer to get the TPS and APPS adjusted. So if these two items are out of sync the ecu will tell the engine to go into limp mode.

Your help is desperately needed been almost two weeks without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom