Losing oil pressure on 22re (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay,
I am losing oil pressure on my mini truck. 145k on the odometer. Is this common on these engines or should I be looking elsewhere?

BA

Okay,
I am losing oil pressure on my mini truck. 145k on the odometer. Is this common on these engines or should I be looking elsewhere?

BA

Do you have an oil pressue guage? Does it burn white when start up...then get clear while gradually losing oil pressure?

It is not common for a 22re to lose pressure, it is common for a toyota oil pressure sending unit to go bad. If I remember correctly I had to tap the block to fit an autometer plumbing pipe thread, it was super close but not samed thread pitch.

It is not common for a 22re to lose pressure, it is common for a toyota oil pressure sending unit to go bad. If I remember correctly I had to tap the block to fit an autometer plumbing pipe thread, it was super close but not samed thread pitch.

Not saying the sensor is bad. May be a wiring issue to the gauge.

I will check the sending unit but this engine is making more noise than usual. This truck was not maintained very well and I knew it when I bought it. Doesn't burn oil, it leaks it out the valve cover gasket. It is acting like the oil pump is bad. Thanks

BA

I will check the sending unit but this engine is making more noise than usual. This truck was not maintained very well and I knew it when I bought it. Doesn't burn oil, it leaks it out the valve cover gasket. It is acting like the oil pump is bad. Thanks

BA

BA,

It could be...mine is leaking oil out the valve cover gasket right now but nothing too bad. Let me know on the oil pump thing...

I used a sunpro oil pressure gauge It didn't come with the right fitting but I got one from Jegs that worked.

Well I found the problem. After pulling the oil pan I found chunks of plastic in the oil pan. The Timing chain guides had shredded off and were laying in the oil pan. They would get sucked up against the siphon screen and block the oil flow causing the drop in oil pressure. So if your rig has good oil pressure at start up then drops slowly as it runs this may be your problem. Just FYI.

BA

Well I found the problem. After pulling the oil pan I found chunks of plastic in the oil pan. The Timing chain guides had shredded off and were laying in the oil pan. They would get sucked up against the siphon screen and block the oil flow causing the drop in oil pressure. So if your rig has good oil pressure at start up then drops slowly as it runs this may be your problem. Just FYI.

BA
oh crap:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom