Los Pinos Lookout trail in SoCal (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pretty awesome location, moderately rated 3-4 hour trail outside of San Diego. Happy to provide more trail details (as my chick takes great trail notes to supplement our guide book) if interested, this is mainly for photos. Have done it a few times now.

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

lp4.jpg

lp5.jpg

lp6.jpg

lp7.jpg

lp8.jpg

lp9.jpg

Last edited:
wantatlc said:
pretty awesome location, moderately rated 3-4 hour trail outside of San Diego. Happy to provide more trail details (as my chick takes great trail notes to supplement our guide book) if interested, this is mainly for photos. Have done it a few times now.

More details please..... hey you ask'd...

Looks like a fun trail, would like to know where is is exactlly?

-Ammo

AMMO said:
More details please..... hey you ask'd...

Looks like a fun trail, would like to know where is is exactlly?

-Ammo

Agreed - organize a run some weekend!

That looks cool, I'd be up for a run.

Likewise, I'm sure we could scrap up some SD folks. One of those pics looks like its right across from El Cajon Mountain, no?

Mars

Awesome..

So, here are the details (as you asked)

From north county San Diego it is a 9 hour round trip (about 2.5 hours to get to trail). 175 miles round trip for me. takes me about 3:15 actual TRAIL driving time (20 miles) to drive it just chillin along - not including stops and there are some very cool peaks, lookouts to stop out. claims to be 50 miles east of SD near 4 corners in Clevland National Forest at Buckman Springs exit #51 off Interstate 8. rest stop at that exit. no gas around. head S on Buckman Springs road (S-1) about 3.3 miles to Corral Canyon Road. turn right at Camp Morena sign and go 2 miles west. there is also an attached OHV area in the lower elevations that buggies and cycles barrel through.

Since I go during the week (Monday generally), I have NEVER come across anyone on the actual 4x4 trail. nice! but, want a CB then. and certain areas of brush/tree stands will scrap the side of your rig and antenna.

Rated as 'Moderate' trail by Charles Wells book. fun as hell trail. nice mellow open view climbs at start (up to about 4100 feet) and some steep decents down the mountain into the lower ravine trails. open spaces and very tight white knuckle rocky single track. tight 3 point turns, and some slow crawling big rocks and drops in ravines. even some hauling ass speed trails at the end when you hit the OHV back to the main 4 corners lot. desert and tree areas. agressive stock 4x4 with ground clearance is ideal (I use 4" lift and 33's at about 25 pounds air) as there are a few rough spots in the ravines.

there are more trails than just this one. there is the supposedly 'Difficult' and very tough (enogh to flip your rig in off camber section I read) and big gnarly climbs/crawling/rocks at Bronco Peak. never had balls to try it yet and especially not alone. this area is lower than the Los Pinos run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom