eBay Los Angeles: 1979 FJ40 Survivor No Reserve Auction ends 11/16 6pm PST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Outside Link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234282215662
No affiliation...

1637092481551.png

I watched the video of the owner, felt a bit sad for him, the Original Owner - wow!

It appears he didn't have a son or close friend that could sell it for him and get a fair market value instead of a dealer buying it to flip, he could clearly use the money he's losing out on in that transaction

Thank you. Do you know when it was added? Build wise. I see some 79 build dates with it, but they would be 80’s.
Everything you ever want to know about cluster and gauges

Was being sold on a skipped Title.

Pass,

FJ400301155

Was being sold on a skipped Title.

Pass,

FJ400301155
Copy paste from a Porsche forum thread about skipped titles:

Even if you have a car without a title, most states have a simple process to go about clearing it up. The main things to look for when dealing with a title are:

1. Make sure that the name on the title and the signature match EXACTLY. If it says John Q. Crook, make sure it is signed off that way.

2. Make sure the VIN of the car matches the title. Some states will allow for small errors, but more than a digit or two incorrect and it can be difficult to correct.

3. Make ABSOLUTELY sure that no one else has been filled in as the new owner, be it a private party or dealer. If so, then it's erasure affidavit time, not fun tracking everyone down.

4. Check with the state you plan to title the car in, some will require a bill of sale, others will not. Some don't charge tax on private party sales, others do. Some determine the sales tax on the bill of sale price, others just depreciate the vehicle from new and tax on the estimated value.

5. The DMV does not want to hear all the boring details surrounding the transaction, they deal in facts. Find out what paperwork you need prior to going in. Present them with what you have, and pay the nice lady. If there is an issue, they will tell you. If something is really screwed up, they do not have the authority to do just let it slide, and contrary to what you may hope for, they will not risk getting fired for customer 488A.

6. The DMV understands that sometimes a car and title change hands without being properly retitled. I've seen cases where a car went through half a dozen owners while still using the 1978 title. It's a fact of life. The DMV is just happy that someone is in there trying to get the mess straightened out, and they are generally pretty accommodating to help someone who wants to do things properly.

7. The third party DMV services that title and register cars for people are your friend. They usually have a standing appointment at the DMV and can wade through the mess faster and more efficiently than you can.

If the printed name on the top of the Title isn't the person to whom I'm handing money, then I'm not interested.
Licensed dealers are a different matter entirely.

It's that simple.

Too many ways to get porked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom