For Sale Los Angeles: 1965 FST FJ40 "Dirtbag" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
rgb(0, 185, 222)
Hi guys, I put some work into this truck and updated the listing.

It's been a couple years since I got this truck back on the road, but I think it's time to pass it along since I'm buying a house and need to thin the herd a bit! Currently registered and insured in California. Pricing to sell as is at $7,500. It's a great foundation for a restoration project, but be forewarned, it has a good deal of body rust. For those of you that appreciate patina (this is the truck that started the Patina Appreciation Thread Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! ), this is one of the coolest out there – though I'm a bit biased. It may also be a great truck for a tub replacement and still be worth the price of admission.

**It is currently titled, registered, and insured in California!**
  • It was a farm truck in Ohio, which I purchased off of ebay from @dlzadl. Here's a thread about that on Mud Just bought on ebay: 1964 FJ40 FST
  • I towed it back to California in late-2016 and got it back up and running about a year later.
  • I drove it around town just enough to get some of the gremlins out, but never replaced the original tires, so didn't put any highway miles on it.
  • It's been converted to a floor shift at some point in its life.
  • It's been sitting in my garage space in (dry) southern California, only being used as a reference for my other frame-off restoration project – so I think it's a bit silly to hang on to it.
  • I recently added a windshield and wiper motors/wipers. I'll be adding a used 4-core aluminum radiator soon. It needs a passenger-side seat belt.
What's been done:
  • Replaced all brake parts: all steel lines and soft lines, all wheel cylinders, master cylinder, shoes, parking brake cable, parking brake shoes
  • Re-wired, replaced, re-tested, and got every switch, light, and gauge (except for the old burnt out ammeter) working.
  • New radiator hoses, new belts, new plugs, new clutch slave and master.
  • New headlights and turn signals
  • New distributor
  • New coil
  • New battery
  • refreshed carb (small window version)
If you have any other questions, please ask away! I'm an open book and am hoping to pass this truck along to someone else who will love it and actually get some use out of it.

See Photos Below

-Seth
IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for a great 40 (and a motivated seller!) :bounce:

Offering this here at $7500 (or best offer) to the forum only. Let's get some reasonable offers rolling and you might be surprised...

Here are pics from before the big cleanup in May 2020.
B4A57653-4EA5-4E72-8C8C-0914C6F87B6B.jpeg
A0A4E5A1-B8AB-4333-BC46-F79BBFCAD780.jpeg
BA49A411-6C9E-4051-8142-163DF6D530E9.jpeg
B9263FEC-3311-4BC0-855C-5FF5A410E63C.jpeg

2607D3BD-84D4-4B1F-8293-7D4B0ED8939C.jpeg

Last edited:
262ED4B6-DEC7-47F3-82FE-21B10E1C480A.jpeg
0494D67A-A0A9-425B-B298-798270FBDA99.jpeg
EBD26A0B-4883-4EA2-AB03-B674FF7B0FB6.jpeg

Seth, are you willing to deliver to OH? Preferably during another snowstorm.
And, for what it's worth, I think you guys have first right of refusal.

Just got done with an 8 hour snowstorm driving nightmare I am out

But I love what he has done with that 40. It will survive!

Someone's going to get such a great starting point for a project – or a truck to leave as is and just turn heads everywhere they go. Open to offers... someone is going to get a nice Thanksgiving or Christmas present. :steer:

Bumping because that's what you do when you are really ready to sell something. haha :rofl:

*delete* updated listing

Last edited:
@seth would you trust this on a road trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom