For Sale Los Angeles: 02 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Beige
Selling my recently acquired 02 LX 470. As other have mentioned on MUD, buying a vehicle of this vintage is best suited for a person that is interested and comfortable working on their vehicles. I don't have the skills, tools, garage or time so I'm hoping to pass this on to a buyer with those. This is an LA area vehicle so no issues with rust, original owner was a city driver(street tires) so I doubt if used off road. Since my ownership I have attempted to baseline the vehicle as many have suggested. The work was performed by either RPM Garage in Monrovia or my professional mechanic specializing in Japanese cars. The vehicle drives great and all the electronic Lexus gadgets are working. I had the AHC serviced upon purchase and all works good. I have owned this for approx 4months but I'm more a camping & fishing guy than Overlander so my 4Runner is a better fit for my interests.

Details;
Current mileage 246,169mi
Timing belt, water pump, ... performed at 195,000mi

Recent service;
Flushed and adjusted AHC system
Wheel alignment & tire balance
Cooling system flush and fill(OEM fluid)
Transmission flush and fill
Front & rear/Transfer case fluid flush and fill
Grease driveshafts
Brake fluid flush and fill(OEM Dot 3)
Oil change

Parts;
New CV axles(OEM)
New front shocks(OEM)
New tires - Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/75/R16(4 tires)
New upper & lower radiator hoses(OEM)
New heater tees and related hoses(OEM)
New master & spare key
New fuel filter(OEM)
New air filter(OEM)
New engine hood struts
New ignition coils(8)
White Knuckle Off Road sliders
Rear subwoofer speaker repaired(Simply Speakers kit)
Grom Aux Adapter 3.5mm

I built a platform for the rear area for security and with the rear seats folded down could possibly be used as a sleeping deck.

Title is clean and I have a Carfax with service records since my ownership.

Asking $14K or obo ... let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

Any work on the steering rack? Every 100 I've seen in the last couple weeks while shopping has a leaky/worn one.

Any work on the steering rack? Every 100 I've seen in the last couple weeks while shopping has a leaky/worn one.
I am not aware of any issues with the steering rack. After every service I ask the mechanic if there are any issues I should be aware of and prepare to deal with. I consider RPM Garage to be good at their specialty and they have not raised any flags regarding the steering rack or other items. I am not a professional mechanic but I can not feel any issues with the steering ... both on and off road.

Also - I saw in a previous post of yours that your brake booster makes a noise that is sometimes typical of an imminent failure. Did you service that? I do see you flushed and filled it but no mention of the part being replaced. Any other warning signs / precursors to brake booster failure? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/any-other-warning-signs-precursors-to-brake-booster-failure.1214106/page-2#post-14838347
The sound was sometimes present on cold mornings. After further reading on MUD I saw others mention flushing and filling the brakes system with Toyota Dot 3 goes a long way in preserving the brake booster system. Since recently flushing by a professional mechanic that sound has not occurred.

Shimian - I'm local to you so whenever you're ready to inspect and test drive send me a DM. If you have a mechanic you trust, I will gladly make the LX available for inspection.

I don't wrench my vehicles so I'm learning the hard way that maintenance can be expensive. Including a BNIB OEM Actuator Assy(PN 47050-60042) that will resolve the brake booster issue ... needs to be installed.

Asking $14K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom