loosing fire at hwy speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well my ol mid 70's chev is giving me fits. checked ignition module and replaced coil in disrtibuter, but i get er up to about 60mph and it starts crappin out sputterin jerkin and all kinda nasty s***. pullin good fuel so i pretty much eliminated that as the problem open to suggestoins thanks

This sounds more like a fuel issue rather than ignition even though you say fuel delivery is good. If you haven't lately changed out the fuel filter it would be a cheap step to take.

It is possible for ignition to do this. Old plugs and wires can even make it happen but I'd start with the above.

thanks for the advise rice but that was the first thing i did. new filter in quad new inline and checked pressure

this recently happen to me but im not sure if it may work for you but there is a fuel filter inside of the fuel pump and if this gets clogged with any type of gunk or anything you may have what i had at like 50mph my engine would start to act up the same way because it was not getting the proper amount of fuel
thats just my recent experence but im not sue if it will match with your problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom