Loose item in dashboard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While my new 2021 LC200 has been great and I have put on almost 2000 happy miles since I took delivery in early December, I have one minor issue around what seems a loose item in the passenger side dashboard. Going through corners a sliding noise of an item can be heard until it hits a side. I initially thought it was a loose item in the glove box, however after removing all items from the glove box and checked the door pockets and the cup holder, the slide and knock noise when the item stops sliding is still there. I also have not placed or “dropped” an item or pen on the dashboard, which I guess on a bad day could slide “behind” the dashboard.

I am obviously going to have this checked and assume resolved by the dealer at the initial 5000 miles service check, however I am curious whether anybody has an idea what this can be based on a similar experience...

I already checked the cabin filter by opening the panel in the glove box and that seems to be in the right place, although I may remove it and see if I can stick my hand in there to check for a loose item. I may get lucky...

Any similar experience and perhaps an easy solution, short of taking the dash apart (which under warranty I will have the dealer do)?

If no similar experience, which i realize is likely, I will report back once the dealer has a go at this in probably a couple of weeks time.

As a minimum, thanks a lot for reading up and hearing me out.

Otherwise absolutely love the car and the way I feel relaxed (land) cruising around in it.

Currently on a road trip, and I think one of the kids set a bottle cap or army dude on the dash... which then slid down into one of the air vents down by the windshield. I have a $40 inspection camera that I plan to put to use when I get home.
Also, be careful with the recirc door if you’re going to stick your hand down there. Make sure it’s up, and don’t try to move it manually.

FantasticAcademicFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

Well... I am a bit ashamed to say that the video above is nearly representative of the issue at hand and it makes me smile as well...

So we have an electric gate on our drive way and I put the small control in the overhead console sunglass holder. I found out today by driving with my wife and zig zagging a bit to reproduce the noise. I would swear the noise came from the passenger side glove compartment/dashboard area and my wife would swear it came from my side of the dashboard... Then finally the light came on...it could be the remote control which is effectively the only loose item between us. While my and her ears swear the noise cam from lower down, it was just that. Fixed it with some 3M Velcro strips.

Yes, really, how silly and I am an engineer would tends to figure out things. I guess I did in the end...

Good news is that the car effectively has and has had zero issues. Nice and per expectation really.

In the meantime I can report we drove the Cruiser to Miami and back and its an absolutely brilliant beast and comfortable at it. While I can say its not the ultimate high way cruiser (I own a 2014 BMW 535d M Sport as well and its awesome at that), it is pretty, pretty good and comfortable on the highway and any bad surfaces or holes or road constructions you take with a smile. You can feel how well its build, what a beast! I have fallen in love really and I am hooked, including the awesome V8 sound, the high driving positions, the big windows, the great leather steering wheel and leather seats, the auto seat setting for ventilation and heating etc. etc. Just need to take it out on unpaved roads now and be even more impressed.

Thanks for hearing me out and effectively spot on Super Carrera!

Have a great day all

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom