Loose ends in the engine bay... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are working to correct the PO's mess under the hood and need to know what is missing the the pictures below. Thanks.
Hose.jpg
Valve Cover.jpg

Its' all emissions stuff.

The one at the rear of the motor MIGHT be the PCV breather hose, which should go to the intake manifold.

The one at the front of the air cleaner is supposed to go to the Emissions air pump. If the air pump is missing, then cap that.

On the third one,
There is a hose that is supposed to go from the valve cover to the intake barb above it.

This is where I put the PCV filter. The hose coming off doesn't go anywhere.
PCV copy.jpg

That picture in post # 5...out of that hole on mine I've got my choke cable & radio ant wire...not certain but I 'think' mine is stock in that area. Maybe I replaced the cable & stuck it thru there. I know I replaced the ant. but can't remember if that is the stock exit or not.

Possibly the hose coming out of that hole is the H2o drain that should go from the cowl & drain thru the floorboard. Dont know why the PO would do that tho ???

John

Last edited:
PCV connects to the intake manifold.
The wire is likely the ballast resistor bypass wire (unless your engine won't start with the key; in which case it is the black/white stripe wire from the ginition switch).

The wire off the starter motor looks like an exciter wire (ignition +) ??

Does your 40 have a/c, My CJ7 had a similiar hose on the firewall and It just dripped condensation.. I have no idea where the drip hose is on a 40.. Just a guess...

just curious about this one
attachment.php

on my truck it just seems to inject oily crap into my air cleaner, is that because something else is not hooked up? the carb spacer has an outlet that has been capped off, is that where the hose that goes nowhere in this photo
attachment.php

is supposed to connect? from what I understand of the diagram in my haynes manual the hose to the air cleaner is actually supposed to be letting air back into the engine, not spitting stuff out, right?
so should I hook that hose back up, or just check/replace the pcv valve and continue to let it exit under the vehicle? that is, if I hook it back up will it probably just spit stuff down the intake and gum up something more serious? didn't I see something about filtering this?

...looked around here a bit more, and I can't remember if the plugged off inlet in the carb is at the first or second spacer...

on a side note, why does a wix air filter for my truck cost 48.00?? this is motivating me to get the above problem fixed pronto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom