Loose Connection and Leak Left of Engine??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but can someone help me out with what this leak is? And is it as simple as disconnecting and getting a worm gear hose clamp on there?

Thanks
-Will
IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

It looks like it might be your valve cover which is the one bolt that is wet directly above the orange circle you added in the last image. You can try tightening those down very lightly by hand which may help stop the leak.

It looks like it might be your valve cover which is the one bolt that is wet directly above the orange circle you added in the last image. You can try tightening those down very lightly by hand which may help stop the leak.
Thanks. Appreciate the input.

Thanks. Appreciate the input.
Please note, very tight by HAND! use a 10 mm box socket and an extension ONLY. You your hand to grab the extension and turn the extension by hand, and not a wrench!

Reason why not use to excesive force on the valve cover bolt: When too much force is applied, the "ear" sticking out of the valve cover can break!

Please note, very tight by HAND! use a 10 mm box socket and an extension ONLY. You your hand to grab the extension and turn the extension by hand, and not a wrench!

Reason why not use to excesive force on the valve cover bolt: When too much force is applied, the "ear" sticking out of the valve cover can break!
I was just gonna torque wrench to FSM spec—53 Lb-in. Is that not advisable?

I was just gonna torque wrench to FSM spec—53 Lb-in. Is that not advisable?
The Valve Cover Gasket Bolts are something like 7 ft. lbs of torque. That bolt may not be a VCG bolt, but I would double and triple check. If you over tighten the VCG bolts you'll split the gasket and then you'll certainly need to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom