Loose Bolts Under The Valve Cover! What torque do they need to be at? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, I have a 1987 BJ75, hence the 3B motor. Anyways, I adjusted my valves yesterday and they sounded great for all of 3 minutes and then started clattering like hell again so I'm back to readjust them today and they are extremely off from what they are supposed to be, ended up looking around and saw these 2 bolts were totally loose! I'm not good with names of engine parts but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what I need to torque them down to. I'm assuming why my valves became so off so fast. Anything helps!

Here are the photos

IMG_20200411_104819.jpg

IMG_20200411_104800.jpg

IMG_20200411_104826.jpg

Looking around just a bit more and this one I can loosen with my fingers aswell, getting scared for the rest of my engine because a new head was put in 1000 miles back, so who knows what else isn't torqued correctly and will become loose in the future.

IMG_20200411_105921.jpg

Never mind, found out what it is called and the torque for them. I'll leave the picture here in case anyone wants to know the torque and comes across this for some reason. Still though, 13 ft-lbs seems a bit light in my very unprofessional opinion, can anyone vouch for this?

Rocker Valve Shaft Assembly 3B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom