Loose Banister (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a loose banister at the top of my stairs (the 4x4 part that goes into the floor) and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I tried to see if sending in a screw to the base would work but no dice. I need to put up a swing baby-gate up there but it wont work because it is too wobbly.

Advice appreciated.

I have a loose banister at the top of my stairs (the 4x4 part that goes into the floor) and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I tried to see if sending in a screw to the base would work but no dice. I need to put up a swing baby-gate up there but it wont work because it is too wobbly.

Advice appreciated.

keep the baby downstairs

do you have access to the underside? basement, crawl space, etc? or maybe the underside of the stairs is unfinished. maybe if you installed a real screw, like a lag bolt..maybe 6",8", 10", or better, long and countersunk ( and a plug of wood to cover the hole)in about 2-3". if you have acess to the inside same treatment, only thru bolt with 3/8 all-thread. washers, nuts. oh, a nice touch would be injecting the seam with some gorilla glue. before titening up the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom