Looks Like Bad Plug Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have oil leaking around plug#3 on my '97 LC. Not much pooling on top of the valve cover gasket. Reading previous threads on the issue it looks like bad plug seals, no other leaks on my rig.
1. What do I need from Cruiser Dan to do this right?
2. Complexity of the job. (I do all the general maint. items since the rig is fairly easy to work on .)

Thanks for any feed back and suggestions, especially since I am new to the forum.

I have oil leaking around plug#3 on my '97 LC. Not much pooling on top of the valve cover gasket. Reading previous threads on the issue it looks like bad plug seals, no other leaks on my rig.
1. What do I need from Cruiser Dan to do this right?
2. Complexity of the job. (I do all the general maint. items since the rig is fairly easy to work on .)

Thanks for any feed back and suggestions, especially since I am new to the forum.

1) New set of donuts, a new VC gasket and some dielectric grease...
Also, you might wanna check your PVC hoses and grommet...

2) Pretty easy, just take your time and make sure your install the new donuts in the same position the old ones came out (I remember someonehere installed them backwards and had to order a new set)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/228527-plugs-wires-cap-rotor-seals-done.html

Rick

Rick, thanks for the info and the link. Will see what time I have this weekend to tackle this. Does not look as bad as I though it would be. V-6 toyota's are another story, I gave up VC jobs after a knuckle busting on my old ES300.

Again thanks for the info.

FWIW, you can put the donuts in backwards. They will still seal, just a little harder to get the plug boots in since the donuts are beveled on one side. Ask me how I know:doh:

Do you know the torq settings for the Valve Cover? I am tackling this on Saturday. After mapping it out last night, looks pretty easy

Cruser Dan freaking rocks. Kudos to him for setting me up with everything I needed and getting it shipped today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom