lookinng to import a 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
hope you all are doing well. wanted to know if this lc in japan would be eligible to import under the 2017 revised list of import vehicles?

EDAA41E0-1F9B-4F05-B4F3-43D0FEBD1816.jpeg

C38364C7-E439-48BF-8260-12B290DE19EA.png

No clue, I'd assume so. Would love to import an IFS diesel

I can't offer advise about import legalities, but I do have a question. Why import a 2UZ powered 100 with the steering wheel on the wrong side where there are so many available in the US as is? A diesel or a 105 or something I totally get. Just curious. 🙂

so i ended up getting this 93 fzj80 beast sitting at 68k miles stock rhd petrol not tripple locked and a texas title with a working ice box and one of those original flares under the glove box still present.
will post another time to start a build

I will still keep looking at the import route for a diesel too.

thanks for the helpful comments!

0DAA62EC-18B5-47FF-87F8-F4CADBA91411.jpeg

6EC49E6B-7CED-45CB-9E70-909B140EF0AD.jpeg

so i ended up getting this 93 fzj80 beast sitting at 68k miles stock rhd petrol not tripple locked and a texas title with a working ice box and one of those original flares under the glove box still present.
will post another time to start a build

I will still keep looking at the import route for a diesel too.

thanks for the helpful comments!

View attachment 3272100

View attachment 3272103

72858CA0-EB4B-4386-B59C-F2D0091EA423.jpeg

Did you import it yourself or buy from a dealer?
why did you want a RHD gas version?
auto or manual?
it was a private party, i dont care about lhd or rhd, not manual. was split between gas amd diesel. got this one to start looking at gas being guzzled. drove about 230 miles yesterday and it was about 14.7 mpg on highway. more than my old suburban. but cant complain. fuel average becomes a secondary question when u buy these

fuel average becomes a secondary question when u buy these
My father always said he doesn't buy a vehicle for it's gas mileage, only that it fits his needs.
If gas mileage was so import to him, he'd drive a tiny car, and who wants to do that?

I bought that exact truck in 2009, with the exception that mine was a 94. Paid $6,900 and it had only 53,000 km on it when it arrived at my house in Windhoek. Still had the original tires on it. Over the next 6/7 years I put 100,000 km on it and then sold it in Dar es Salaam for $12,000.

If I were to go through that much trouble, may just import a 70 series that's never sold in the US 😂

Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you will be very happy other than when paying tolls or in a fast food line. I love the swing away rear factory tire carrier and the fridge! Can't be beat! Do you still have the ice cube tray which theoretically produces ice?

Not at all theoretical. I used to fill the trays, put a bottle of gin and a couple cans of tonic in the fridge and hit the ice button. In the time it took to drive from Windhoek to Swakopmund (3 1/2 hours or so) the water would freeze and we’d be ready for sundowners by the ocean. Pretty much peak civilization.

If I were to go through that much trouble, may just import a 70 series that's never sold in the US 😂
I looked into this for a long while. The problem is, finding a clean one is hard. They sell for 1.5-2x the price of a comparable 100 series, and that's with the 1HZ engine.

If a manual 1HD was available, I might've gone for it. The 1VD has just become available to import to Canada, but they're stupidly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom