Looking to see what OME set up i should run?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I am buying the OME lift kit for my 80 on tuesday and would like to get some info on which springs to get. I was told 350-360 but then told 350-363???

I need some advice here. I have on order an ARB winch front bumper, 305/70/r16 Nitto Terra grapplers and thats about what will be on the truck. I am a surfcaster on Long Island New York and all i do is Beach and occasional Trails. I will be towing a boat about 3k lbs. And i also am thinking about a KayMar rear bumper in the future.

Any Ideas???

with the bumper up front I'd go with 850Js. I now have the 850/863 setup with a kaymar and ARB and needed to add a 1" spacer up front to help the stink bug effect. Even now it doesn't sit level so helps out when I'm pulling my 3500lb camping trailer.

Last edited:
My opinion. Check out www.sleeoffroad.com and go with the 2.5" heavy lift.
I'm using it, and it will accomadate future mods that you are sure to do. :cheers:

What about leveling the car out? 350-363 the rear will be a tad higher. The 350-360 will have the front up a little more than the rear. I am looking for the truck to be equal in hight what is everyone running on there 80's???

850 front and 863 rear. No trim packers. My truck is very slightly lower in front until I load up the rear for a camping trip or something. When I do my rear bumper that should pretty much put it level. :cheers:

cool i will go with the 850-863 OME's. Also i need to know if i need anything else for the lift other than what is in the "complete" kit. Ie: Sway bar extenders? Just need to know if anything is going to hit like drivetrain components?

Shouldn't need anything but what is in the kit. That being said, I noticed at full droop my front DS did touch the sway bar just a little. I had some alum at home and i fabbed up 3/4" spacers for it. No touchy now! Slee sells a 2" spacer. More than you need for 2.5" lift. If you have the ability to make your own I would say do it.
I haven't figured out how to post up a link to an old thread so look for a thread by me about 3 weeks ago called homemade front swaybar spacers. They are not perfectly finished but they do fit perfect.
You can get extended brake lines if you like but it is not necessary for that lift.
If you are going to be under there anyway then extend your diff breathers too. Easy job, get some 1/4" fuel line and clamps. 10' of line did me. :cheers:

Oh, if you buy the kit thru Slee you will get the caster bushings with it. Not sure about anywhere else. :cheers:

Baggins, Thanks alot for your help!! I am going with the 350f 363 rear and ARB winch bar. I also just bought 305/70/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers for the rig as well. I'm not going o be doing much articulating just cruisin the beach looking for fish!!!! Hopefully this summer will be a productive summer!!! I will post pics when i have her done. Again, thanks!

Get caster correction bushings installed, and don't forget to specify if you want standard or firm nitro-chargers. My truck's sees either on-road or mild trails, and I'm happy with the firms. Body damage? No thanks. Truck's too pretty. BTW... they are 850's and 863's, not 350's and 363's. Unless you're just really want the extra inch, I'd avoid the 3" lift; unless you want to do the other adjustments and mod's that go along with it. I only went 2" and my drivetrain is unhappy for some reason. If your bumper drops the front too much, you can spacer it later. Enjoy...

Spydaz said:
What about leveling the car out? 350-363 the rear will be a tad higher. The 350-360 will have the front up a little more than the rear. I am looking for the truck to be equal in hight what is everyone running on there 80's???

I'm running additional 10mm in the rear and 20mm in the front, soon to be 25mm in the front.

:idea:
Call the guys at Slee offroad. Ask them, purchase from them, be done with it :D
They're great to work with and will not try to oversell you on anything.

NorCalDoug said:
:idea:
Call the guys at Slee offroad. Ask them, purchase from them, be done with it :D
They're great to work with and will not try to oversell you on anything.

This is some of the best advice you will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom