Looking to get into a 200 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

I sold my 4Runner pro 1.5 years ago, and have regretted that decision since. Been wanting to get back into a Toyota. What I’ve always wanted is a LC, and may have come across one with decent mileage and price.

Www.autowarehouseaz.com/vdp/13543557/Used-2011-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-for-sale-in-Chandler-AZ-85226

What are your guys thoughts on this one? I’ve never bought from a used car dealer, always been a bit wary of them. This one seems decent as far as service history on Carfax. And doesn’t appear it was in a high rust state during snow months.

Thank you all! Looking forward to contributing!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oof those wheels. I would insist those wheel be replaced before purchase or negotiate the price off of the vehicle at a minimum.

Ask for photos of the undercarriage. Be wary of rust . This one is from the northeast and Midwest. Look at the car fax.

I noticed that too, good call!

Having lived in Ohio, I would never buy a Ohio car unless there was some way to know it was not driven in winter.

Hi all!

I sold my 4Runner pro 1.5 years ago, and have regretted that decision since. Been wanting to get back into a Toyota. What I’ve always wanted is a LC, and may have come across one with decent mileage and price.

Www.autowarehouseaz.com/vdp/13543557/Used-2011-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-for-sale-in-Chandler-AZ-85226

What are your guys thoughts on this one? I’ve never bought from a used car dealer, always been a bit wary of them. This one seems decent as far as service history on Carfax. And doesn’t appear it was in a high rust state during snow months.

Thank you all! Looking forward to contributing!

I would get this one pre purchased inspection(Ppi). Camel back Toyota knows land cruisers. I would request a master tech to perform the ppi.

I’m always partial to Lexus at a Lexus dealer or Toyota at a Toyota dealer. Used car dealers still scare me, but I’m sure some are excellent. Keep in mind vehicle values are going to be affected by the recession, so negotiate like a crazy person when you buy. If it was me, I’d check out the rust situation on the Lexus before making a decision. What are your long term plans for a 200?

I would get this one pre purchased inspection(Ppi). Camel back Toyota knows land cruisers. I would request a master tech to perform the ppi.
I didn’t know you could request a master tech to do the PPI. Thanks for the tip!

I’m always partial to Lexus at a Lexus dealer or Toyota at a Toyota dealer. Used car dealers still scare me, but I’m sure some are excellent. Keep in mind vehicle values are going to be affected by the recession, so negotiate like a crazy person when you buy. If it was me, I’d check out the rust situation on the Lexus before making a decision. What are your long term plans for a 200?

I agree.

Yea, I think people will be holding cash (except the 1% lol) and there could be a glut of vehicles for sale, used and new.

Well, this will be my daily. I drive about 65 miles per day round trip, so I want a more comfortable vehicle. This will also be used as our family vehicle on long trips, and to take the family out to explore and camp, nothing too crazy.

Is there a main reason one would choose the LX570 over a LC? Whichever will live the longest, with good regular maintenance, I’ll buy that one.

Is there a main reason one would choose the LX570 over a LC? Whichever will live the longest, with good regular maintenance, I’ll buy that one.
LX is cheaper than LC (supply vs demand). I like the looks of 13-15 LX, so went that route.

This topic has been covered at least a thousand times on this board. There are good arguments for both. Please do your research.

Exactly, you should. Some ppl don't like AHC with 20 inch rims on LX. I agree it can be a bit bouncy.

I bought 2011 LX570 to tow race car 3 years ago. The same year LCs looked dated, you'd need to go up to 2015.
I put 35k miles in 3 years (now over 100k miles) and while I was intitially blah about the truck when buying it (seemed big and boring), it grew on me. For 5 hour drives, this thing is perfect. Boring and relaxing, like I'm sitting on my home couch listening to podcast, looking at 10mpg that I'm getting and wondering where the next gas station is.
One thing I wish I had done is check for rust underneath. It's like it was parked in the ocean for a year. Some rust is expected. Rust caused one of the AHC lines to rust out by a bracket and rapture within 6 months of me buying it. It was 1300 repair at an indy. Thankfully that was it for main brakedowns.
Front caliper was stuck and rear was nearly stuck resulting in premature brake replacement. So I would be prepared to get all new calipers if it hasn't been done.

So to be honest, my 10 year old Mercedes is in much better condition, but I also had it from day 1.

I went from a 17 trd pro 4 runner to a 19 LC back to a 20 TRD 4 runner. The LC was a bit to bulky for me. Great truck but just more than I needed. I love the new pro and the various upgrades from the 17.
All good tho love the Toyota’s May have to get a Tacoma next!

Exactly, you should. Some ppl don't like AHC with 20 inch rims on LX. I agree it can be a bit bouncy.

I bought 2011 LX570 to tow race car 3 years ago. The same year LCs looked dated, you'd need to go up to 2015.
I put 35k miles in 3 years (now over 100k miles) and while I was intitially blah about the truck when buying it (seemed big and boring), it grew on me. For 5 hour drives, this thing is perfect. Boring and relaxing, like I'm sitting on my home couch listening to podcast, looking at 10mpg that I'm getting and wondering where the next gas station is.
One thing I wish I had done is check for rust underneath. It's like it was parked in the ocean for a year. Some rust is expected. Rust caused one of the AHC lines to rust out by a bracket and rapture within 6 months of me buying it. It was 1300 repair at an indy. Thankfully that was it for main brakedowns.
Front caliper was stuck and rear was nearly stuck resulting in premature brake replacement. So I would be prepared to get all new calipers if it hasn't been done.

So to be honest, my 10 year old Mercedes is in much better condition, but I also had it from day 1.

Thanks for your ownership feedback. Really appreciate it!

Im going to check out the LX this week.

I went from a 17 trd pro 4 runner to a 19 LC back to a 20 TRD 4 runner. The LC was a bit to bulky for me. Great truck but just more than I needed. I love the new pro and the various upgrades from the 17.
All good tho love the Toyota’s May have to get a Tacoma next!

Ive thought about another 4Runner pro, but man, it costs a lot for what it is. They do hold their value.

Tacoma would be sweet! The wife isn’t too keen on trucks. She let me have a 2nd weekend fun car, so I’ll play by her rules lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom