Looking to feature your 40 in Toyota Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

paflytyer

100s in the Hills
Media Partner
Threads
Looking for a few TLCA member vehicles to feature in Toyota Trails. This will be a new recurring section in Toyota Trails and will be featured from time to time.

What is needed:
-A few clean photos
-A brief description of the vehicle and the owner
-Any interesting info
-You must be a TLCA member for this one. *You do not need to be a TLCA member to submit a story/trip that contains your vehicle. Full length stories will be given priority and you will be paid for your work .

Please email submissions to editor@tlca.org. If your photo files are too large, they can be sent via dropbox or any photo sharing site. Deadline for the first submissions is FRIDAY June 17, 2022.

Last edited:
Good idea, but this is nothing new to Toyota Trails, glad you are doing it.
Here’s a flashback to a SHOWCASE that Gary Bjork (RIP) did on 2 of my cruisers 27 years ago.
Still have both Land Cruisers.
Have fun. John Pardi TLCA 1561
24A5C2A6-8359-44B5-9F21-577DEB18DE78.jpeg
4711040E-D393-4ACC-A4E8-A03C93898A89.jpeg

Love it John, and yes, Toyota Trails has been doing this since the early days and we have done it on and off since I took over as editor as well. I believe every editor has done some form of it along the way, but the older legends like yourself will certainly remember that better than most. It is a new section for us as it will be a new format. More photo-centric. Just trying to celebrate the vehicles we all love. This will be new in the sense that it will not be a longer article like the one you've posted above, but will be more like the Member Rigs section we did back in 2015-2016.

It's tough to do the longer versions like Gary did back in the day simply because the information superhighway has taken the place of print for fantastic articles like the one you posted above. We’re just trying to find ways to celebrate our members and their vehicles and make sure we remember our past, even if the vehicles might be almost futuristic at this point.

We’ll try a few different versions and see how the members respond. Ultimately, Toyota Trails belongs to all of us and it can be whatever we’d like it to be. I’d love your input, and any other member’s input as well. We move forward together.

Love it John, and yes, Toyota Trails has been doing this since the early days and we have done it on and off since I took over as editor as well. I believe every editor has done some form of it along the way, but the older legends like yourself will certainly remember that better than most. It is a new section for us as it will be a new format. More photo-centric. Just trying to celebrate the vehicles we all love. This will be new in the sense that it will not be a longer article like the one you've posted above, but will be more like the Member Rigs section we did back in 2015-2016.

It's tough to do the longer versions like Gary did back in the day simply because the information superhighway has taken the place of print for fantastic articles like the one you posted above. We’re just trying to find ways to celebrate our members and their vehicles and make sure we remember our past, even if the vehicles might be almost futuristic at this point.

We’ll try a few different versions and see how the members respond. Ultimately, Toyota Trails belongs to all of us and it can be whatever we’d like it to be. I’d love your input, and any other member’s input as well. We move forward together.
I just got my first Toyota Trails as a TLCA member. Angry with myself for putting it off so long. I am a huge fan of the tangible magazine!

I already sent in an email of before and after pictures of my 40 that my kids named Uma ( that right there is a story in and of it self). I spent the most part over the last year getting it to my vision and what I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom