looking to buy arb sahara front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am new to the forum.
I live in MAss.

I would like to buy front sahara arb push bar for a land crusier 100.
Do you know a serious company i could order it from?
What kind of winch do you recomend?
Thank you very much
Philippe

I bought the bull bar for my 04 100 and am looking at what winch too. I am thinking WARN M12000 is the obvious choice. But do I need 12,000 lb capacity?

To keep the wieght down on my 100, I went with a 9500XP Warn, fits perfect, bout 30-40lbs less than the 12K and has worked well so far.......but all I have used it for it to yard out stuck Bobcats off job sites.

rzpapp said:
I bought the bull bar for my 04 100 and am looking at what winch too. I am thinking WARN M12000 is the obvious choice. But do I need 12,000 lb capacity?

Thanks... I envision 300lbs winch + arb bar on the front of my 100 and I can hear my OME t-bars scream (but I guess they were made for that) but why stress them.

rzpapp said:

I don't beleive a 12K will fit in the Sahara? 9500 is it I think?

pretty sure it would fit, there is lots of room.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
I don't beleive a 12K will fit in the Sahara? 9500 is it I think?

Phillipe,

Winch selection should be based on your intended use and budget. You can easily spend over $1000 on a "good" winch.

Low end is where I bought. I got a killer deal on a brand new E9000 Mile Marker. $370 shipped to my door for a brand new winch. I don't plan on winching more than a few times per year so it should fit my needs. It certainly fit my budget;)

As far as weight goes, synthetic winch rope will lighten up any winch by a bunch.

And I would say that #8000 is on the small size for a UZJ100, but that is what blocks are for.

Thanks... looks like I 'll settle on the XD9000 with the synth line. I agree a M12000 will fit, the bumper is huge.

look at the 9500XP, its faster, not much more $
108870804.jpg

rzpapp said:
Thanks... looks like I 'll settle on the XD9000 with the synth line. I agree a M12000 will fit, the bumper is huge.

I really like the Superwinch ep9.0. If you're planning on using synthetic winch line, you might want to consider this winch too. Here's a couple quotes on some of its benefits from an online vendor that I have used a lot in the past.

"Yes, the brake on the EP9.0 is not contained inside the drum. Rather, the brake is situated outside the drum and opposite the winch's motor. This means that while this unit is braked when not in operation (just like all planetary winches), the winch's drum will not get hot and melt synthetic winch lines. The Superwinch EP9.0 is the first planetary-gear winch to have such a feature and such compatibility with synthetic winch lines. With the EP, you can power in or power out with a synthetic winch line, all without fear that you are going to melt your synthetic winch line."

"This brake housed within the drum is why most planetary-gear winches are not 100% compatible with synthetic winch lines. When the winch is powered out under load, the drum rotates against the brake and the drum heats up. If the winch is powered out for long periods, it is quite possible to melt or otherwise damage the synthetic winch line. The EP9.0 suffers from no such heat issues and is 100% compatible with synthetic winch lines."

It also comes with a snatch block and roller fairlead. All for around $600-$650 plus shipping. Just another winch to think about. I plan on adding this to my new ARB bumper at some point.

Ahh... I see our disagreement. I was refering to the Bull Bar (aka Combo Bar) I just bought. Odd that the Sahara would not except the M12000... It looks to me that bottom portion, were the winch is installed, is identical on the Bull bar and Sahara bar. BTW the Bull bar is HUGE. its shipping wieght along with a pair of IPF800's was 245lbs... I bet the actuall bar is about 200 of that... sheesh!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Here's the spec from ARB. 9000 or a 10000 IF sourced from them only. No 12000.

http://arb.com.au/Seattle/UVAG_PDF/toyota_landcruiser_100_series.pdf

Shotts,

Are you suggesting that the ARB bumper ONLY will fit Warn winches? There are probably 10 other winches from Ramsey, Mile Marker, Superwinch, etc. that have the same dimensions and mounting pattern as the Warn winches.

The bumper may not be designed for the shock load of a 12,000 lbs. winch but that is another issue...

calamaridog said:
Shotts,

Are you suggesting that the ARB bumper ONLY will fit Warn winches? There are probably 10 other winches from Ramsey, Mile Marker, Superwinch, etc. that have the same dimensions and mounting pattern as the Warn winches.

The bumper may not be designed for the shock load of a 12,000 lbs. winch but that is another issue...

Nope. Just refering to the ARB spec.

I bought my ARB bumper through Archies Off Road in York Maine.
I called him up and he ordered it for me and saved me serveral $, I bought one I could mount a winch on, he also made me a great deal on the winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom