Looking to buy a FJ60/62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry
I don’t think coresetties was a frame off. If you look at the undercarriage pics of that truck closely you will see that it is road grime and surface rust like any other rig. Rear end is moist with oil.
Yeah the TC skid plate is painted and it has been reaseeled with new gaskets.
But I guess your frame off restoration is different from what I think a frame off is.

Let me add
It is a nice rig I give it that. Low mileage and well kept. But to say it is a frame off
No!

Sorry. I misread the email. It was almost a frame off. Still two very different vehicles and levels of restoration.

What’s almost?
That’s like a girl saying I’m a little pregnant!
Either you are or your not!
:)

I'd agree with @Seth S on the blue Cruiser in the link is post #5. That looks like a pretty good deal, although I agree that driving tells many things.

@emanting, what do you think your annual mileage would be? It kind of sounds like my utility: light and fun. Not having to use one as a daily driver takes a lot of pressure out of the equation. I'm original owner of my '90 62 here in AZ, and we decided to invest a bit in it's restoration after about 25 years of daily driving because it was still solid. It's not for sale...for about 20 years, but finding one like it with regards to solid mechanical condition and no rust is a good start. Also, looking out west for one is a good idea for reasons of low or no rust.

I agree on the blue one.
Perfect candidate for h55. Best of both worlds EFI and a 5 speed.
Minimal rust. Rig would clean up well.

I agree on the blue one.
Perfect candidate for h55. Best of both worlds EFI and a 5 speed.
Minimal rust. Rig would clean up well.
And appears that any rust it does have is revealing itself and not hidden by a who knows new paint job. If my list of ifs were little shorter i'd pick it up for a 5 speed swap and to use as a year rounder and save my 84 for the nice days.

And appears that any rust it does have is revealing itself and not hidden by a who knows new paint job. If my list of ifs were little shorter i'd pick it up for a 5 speed swap and to use as a year rounder and save my 84 for the nice days.
Yeah your right!
That rust is just about revealing itself. But those are just two pics. To really get down to the bones on that one is too fly out and really check it out.
I would fly out for a price to check and drive it for this guy.

LCnAZ, you are correct. I want this truck for light use/fun. Mostly city cruising, car shows and we have a sand dune over on the west side of the state that I might take it to once a year. Mileage would probably be less than 1000 miles a year.

And, yes, I am going to limit myself to dry, west coast trucks so that rust is not an issue.

Shoot Brian Corsetti an email on his Instagram and ask him if he has any trucks he’s willing to sell. I think he does like 5-7 trucks at one time so he could have one ready to go soon. He’s a really good dude that doesn’t sell crap.

LCnAZ, you are correct. I want this truck for light use/fun. Mostly city cruising, car shows and we have a sand dune over on the west side of the state that I might take it to once a year. Mileage would probably be less than 1000 miles a year.

And, yes, I am going to limit myself to dry, west coast trucks so that rust is not an issue.

emanting,

There are a few of us in the Grand Rapids area with 60's and 62'

Emanting,

There are a few of us in West Michigan with 60's/62's including myself. We will be getting together in June near the dunes if you want to check them out. Check out the Lake Michigan Chapter in the clubhouse section for details. I know that isn't a big help timing wise, but most of our trucks are laid up for the Winter.

That utility changes this in the equation too: In that scenario you can insure and register it as a collector, establishing agreed value...meaning you set the value. It can be in stages as you progress with "restoration." For months, I only set the value of mine at $10K. Once near completion of the restoration, I had to change the value upwards considerably. In my case, I have USAA which uses American Collectors Insurance, but there are a number of providers out there. Another plus (at least in AZ) is collector registered vehicles do not have to have emissions testing.

I agree with @RodrigzCrzr that flying out to test drive and deal is a good plan. Got any air miles stacked up to use? Good opportunity to use them.

The H55 conversion is the last step in my restoration. You need to drive one of those, too, before taking that leap.

emanting,

There are a few of us in the Grand Rapids area with 60's and 62'

Emanting,

There are a few of us in West Michigan with 60's/62's including myself. We will be getting together in June near the dunes if you want to check them out. Check out the Lake Michigan Chapter in the clubhouse section for details. I know that isn't a big help timing wise, but most of our trucks are laid up for the Winter.

Yes. Plenty of us here in Michigan, just most are on the West side of the state.

If you make it over here, you are more than welcome to drive my 60 and 62. Even in winter. I live far enough from any main road that there is no salt.

And, definitely consider attending the 2019 Cruiser Carousal. There is a thread in the Michigan Chapter, as @Sweet Water stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom