Looking new stock-ish ride height springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm doing a frame-off rebuild of my 62 (... rebuild,definitely not a restoration with my body working skills), and I'm just about to the point where I'm ready to start getting the chassis rolling. My springs, bushings, etc... were completely roached (every leaf but the main was broken, front and rear), so I'm sort of starting from scratch.

I'm not ready to re-gear at this point (which this forum suggests limits me to 31" tires without suffering a major performance penalty), nor am I 100% positive on what my long-term goals for this rig are. So I'd like to start out pretty conservative, as I could always upgrade it later if I'm not happy.

I'll be going with 31x10.5" tires, and I'm going to want to keep it near stock ride height. I wouldn't be against a little lift as long as won't look silly with the relatively "small" tires. I was looking at the SOR "Grocery Getter", but kind-of got sticker shock that it's significantly more expensive than their "HD Lift Kit". I also had some concerns about how many times they mentioned not carrying additional weight. I do plan to use this rig to haul things, or load up with 5 people and go on a trip somewhere.

Should I maybe be looking for some used or NOS springs instead? Is there anyone else that offers stock-ish spring sets for a 62 series?

Springs from vendors that are commonly sold as "2 inch lift" springs look great on a cruiser with 31 inch tires. Balanced look.
Actually-- a true stock height cruiser with 31s looks like the tires are stuffed in the wheel wells. They don't hit or rub anything but really consume the wheel well space.

If you want as close to stock ride height as possible there are 1 or 2 vendors offering springs described as "Grocery Getters" that are supposed to be close to stock. think I saw that SOR and Man A Fre/BTB had them listed at one point in time.

Here's a 60 w 31s & a 2 inch lift. Photo courtesy of TLC4X4.com.
I "think" those are 31" tires. They look like 31s to me.

image.jpeg

Found a picture on the Google of a 62 with a 2" lift and 31" tires:

1599069472506.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom