Looking in to making some upgrades to my 2LT and was wondering if this water to air intercooler is too small (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
60 Pound off of ebay but seems a bit small compared to the ones other users are running
s-l1600.jpg

Hi @Fantastika

I ended up with the setup in the photo.

After a bit of research, I did not go with the one in your photo as it would have rested on the engine, hence introducing more heat.

If you can find a good mounting spot away from the engine, you should be okay.

More info on my setup can be found here: LJ78 | Family Camper Build | NZ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lj78-family-camper-build-nz.1291066/page-2

img_20221127_100811_hdr-jpg.3178833
I was planning on giving the rocker cover a blanket around where the intercooler sits to keep the heat from directly warming it as otherwise it fits very nicely and doesnt leave me with a bunch of pipes

to me it is a bit too small and the barrel type are a bit worse in efficiency than the square core style or "frozenboost" style
itll still work though

I’m beginning to plan out my intercooler install on my LJ71 and was set on a square core unit, but after giving your idea some thought, it would be an overall cleaner install. If you decide to go through with the barrel cooler, please let us know what the results are like 🙌🏻

I’m beginning to plan out my intercooler install on my LJ71 and was set on a square core unit, but after giving your idea some thought, it would be an overall cleaner install. If you decide to go through with the barrel cooler, please let us know what the results are like 🙌🏻
I looked at some videos and the barrel type seems to run warmer. Found this video in one of nomadtribe's threads so now im not sure. I would definitely prefer going with the barrel as itd be a lot less messy

Hi @Fantastika

I ended up with the setup in the photo.

After a bit of research, I did not go with the one in your photo as it would have rested on the engine, hence introducing more heat.

If you can find a good mounting spot away from the engine, you should be okay.

More info on my setup can be found here: LJ78 | Family Camper Build | NZ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lj78-family-camper-build-nz.1291066/page-2

img_20221127_100811_hdr-jpg.3178833
I like the look of this setup. Its very clean. Where did you put the water cooler?

water cooler goes in front of the rad, i had lots of room on my 70series no hood latch interference and no removing the cross support at all, 12x12 2" thick core

I like the look of this setup. Its very clean. Where did you put the water cooler?
Thanks @Houser

As per comment from @bj70bc, I ended up drilling 2 x holes through my cross support plate and mounted the cooler. Perfect fit. Still need to make a nice bracket for the pump.

For the pump electronics, I tapped directly into the 12V power box located in the engine bay with an inline fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom