Looking for two cables to control heater and fuel door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am doing a once over on the 1990 Bj73 I just purchased and I am having trouble chasing down two parts. I need the cable that controls the fuel door. The pull latch one in the cab to the door. Looks like 7703590K03 on partsouq, and its NLA. Also looking for a heater control cable 5590790K01 also NLA. I went to turn on the heat on my drive from Salt Lake to Seattle and nothing happened. Well today looking at it, and the cable pulled right out. It appears to be broken about halfway.

I was wondering if a FJ60 one might fit if anyone has tried that for either?

Hi all,

I am doing a once over on the 1990 Bj73 I just purchased and I am having trouble chasing down two parts. I need the cable that controls the fuel door. The pull latch one in the cab to the door. Looks like 7703590K03 on partsouq, and its NLA. Also looking for a heater control cable 5590790K01 also NLA. I went to turn on the heat on my drive from Salt Lake to Seattle and nothing happened. Well today looking at it, and the cable pulled right out. It appears to be broken about halfway.

No.

Look at later iterations. Remember that the 70 series HVAC controls have changed very little in 30+ years.

Also, don’t rely on Partsouq to give you an answer. Because they aren’t the answer or even an answer. They just sell trinkets. That’s lazy. Talk to a parts professional who knows 7x series trucks. Either in the US or abroad.

For the meantime disconnect the wire at the firewall and manually adjust your heat. Might be a pia but better than nothing.
Once disconnected you can check whether the cable is free moving and or whether the valve is stuck.

Hi all,

Assuming your part numbers are correct, they are both showing available in the main Saudi Arabia dealer's online parts system. Something like $5 for K01 and $30 for K03. I would think any dealer could order them for you.

No.

Look at later iterations. Remember that the 70 series HVAC controls have changed very little in 30+ years.

Also, don’t rely on Partsouq to give you an answer. Because they aren’t the answer or even an answer. They just sell trinkets. That’s lazy. Talk to a parts professional who knows 7x series trucks. Either in the US or abroad.

Makes sense. I have some learning to do for sure. I'm a 40 & 60 guy, this is a new world for me.

Update, looking for options for 7703560030. I've tried Cruiser Outfitters, my local dealer's parts guy, and no dice so far. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Makes sense. I have some learning to do for sure. I'm a 40 & 60 guy, this is a new world for me.

Update, looking for options for 7703560030. I've tried Cruiser Outfitters, my local dealer's parts guy, and no dice so far. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Call a dealer where the PN you want was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom