Looking for the swappers, fabbers, and suspension gurus!! 3rd gen 4runner overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I have lurked on these forums for years. Have done my fair share of wheeling and have a lifted 99' limited on 35s. Before anyone directs me to the search bar; I have SCOWERED the internet for months on the info Im about to provide.

OK :)

So long story short, this runner was sunk up to the windows in the middle of a river and left for 12 hrs. I did what I could and flushed everything bigtime. Engine runs but is definately in bad shape. This might be a blessing in disguise, I have been yearning for a V8 swap for quite some time. I am decently equipped to perform the swap and think Im ready. So here come my barrage of questions:

1. Know anyone that has done an LSX swap on a 3rd gen?

2. How much tq/hp will my toyota IFS/rear end hold? SAS is a consideration.

3. What T-case config would I use to match my IFS diff to the 4l60/80?

This thing has been a solid rig for me and I have no desire to change. Im willing to invest some money into it, although Im not rich. Goal is to have a 5.3/6.0 swapped 3rd gen that can handle some moderate wheeling. This is mainly going to be on the street.

Thanks so much guys, Austin

I would not install a LS motor. The instant torque of a v8 will kill the drivetrain. I would buy a used 3.4 if yours is bad and install a cx racing turbo kit with the smallest t4 turbo cx racing sells. The slow roll of turbo power will keep the axles together. A stock 3.4 will handle about 500hp at the crank. If u use forged Pistons or a thicker head gasket u could go more. Once u got the turbo setup and fueling dialed in, I would slowly upgrade the turbo components to garret or something as most of the cx stuff is Chinese. You could go full standalone or piggyback. I've seen a 3.4 tacoma turbo run neck n neck with a old Viper. Put 420hp to the wheels at 16psi. Stock block. Also, don't listen too much to Gadget, he doesn't know everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom