Looking for the perfect Chevota clutch setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! 77 FJ40 with a mild sbc350, rebuilt stock 4spd & 168t flywheel. Going to need a clutch in a couple months, but the work entailed means I want to do it right.

I know that Advanced Adaptors suggest Luk clutches, and I also know that Centerforce and McLeod sell clutches made by holy virgins atop mount Olympus in the tears of Venus and delivered directly to the buyer by Apollo himself, but I thought maybe some folks would have good working experience to weigh in on.

Lemme have it!

I've used AA stuff with no problems. I'm not sure if there is really a "best solution" clutch, but my AA stuff has been holding up to my 400+ HP stroker just fine.

Stock GM stuff works perfectly

Not sure what changed for cruisermatt ^^^^^^ since Downey Off road Mfg. was in business (1970-2009), but you might want to read the description on ebay #264808317199 regarding Chevota clutches.

Not sure what changed for cruisermatt ^^^^^^ since Downey Off road Mfg. was in business (1970-2009), but you might want to read the description on ebay #264808317199 regarding Chevota clutches.

just stating my experiences from my own builds and my customer builds :meh:
I havent had the issues that you describe in your fancy clutch sales add :meh:

Very happy to hear your good news cruisermatt, so then the Chevota specific clutches must be for people who have not experienced your good news

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom