Looking for the perfect Chevota clutch setup (1 Viewer)

Hi all! 77 FJ40 with a mild sbc350, rebuilt stock 4spd & 168t flywheel. Going to need a clutch in a couple months, but the work entailed means I want to do it right.

I know that Advanced Adaptors suggest Luk clutches, and I also know that Centerforce and McLeod sell clutches made by holy virgins atop mount Olympus in the tears of Venus and delivered directly to the buyer by Apollo himself, but I thought maybe some folks would have good working experience to weigh in on.

Lemme have it!

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
I've used AA stuff with no problems. I'm not sure if there is really a "best solution" clutch, but my AA stuff has been holding up to my 400+ HP stroker just fine.

Not sure what changed for cruisermatt ^^^^^^ since Downey Off road Mfg. was in business (1970-2009), but you might want to read the description on ebay #264808317199 regarding Chevota clutches.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Not sure what changed for cruisermatt ^^^^^^ since Downey Off road Mfg. was in business (1970-2009), but you might want to read the description on ebay #264808317199 regarding Chevota clutches.

just stating my experiences from my own builds and my customer builds :meh:
I havent had the issues that you describe in your fancy clutch sales add :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom