Looking For TG W/S plate (s?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the title. I am looking for the TG plates that hold the TG weather strip in place (as in the TG w/s that is made at Slocruisers). Does anyone have one available or can they take measures?

Which plate(s) is that? the long skinny one (43 3/4")? With the springy clips? The one on the inside of the window with the felt, the one on the outside that holds the rear window scraper? Those plates?

Eric, you might try cruiserparts.net; they are parting out several 55s....ask for James;
GL

Lou

Which plate(s) is that? the long skinny one (43 3/4")? With the springy clips? The one on the inside of the window with the felt, the one on the outside that holds the rear window scraper? Those plates?

One that holds the window scraper.

Edit: John had said he thought of having them made, but the rubber is keeping him invested.

Last edited:
Eric, they are VERY simple. Two pieces about 1/2" wide in maybe 16ga., rounded corners and with holes to match the ones in the tailgate. The pieces meet in the middle of the tailgate with maybe 1/4 - 1/2" between them. Make them in galvanized sheet metal and you'll be OK. SOR had the plastic clips last year when I did mine. If the tailgate is not straight where it brushes the window you may find that the window binds as you roll it down. If it binds you'll need to straighten the tailgate (it needs to be pretty straight to work right).

I have a piece with the felt for the inside of the tailgate glass here with your name on it! Brand new and still in the bag!

Eric, they are VERY simple. Two pieces about 1/2" wide in maybe 16ga., rounded corners and with holes to match the ones in the tailgate. The pieces meet in the middle of the tailgate with maybe 1/4 - 1/2" between them. Make them in galvanized sheet metal and you'll be OK. SOR had the plastic clips last year when I did mine. If the tailgate is not straight where it brushes the window you may find that the window binds as you roll it down. If it binds you'll need to straighten the tailgate (it needs to be pretty straight to work right).

I have a piece with the felt for the inside of the tailgate glass here with your name on it! Brand new and still in the bag!

Charles, Great...I figured the metal would not be sophisticated.

On the Felt, Sold! TKS. Looking forward to June.

Edit: This next year is project PIG year: Just went and looked...they still have them-the clips that is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom