Looking for suggestions for muffler on CA rig. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coastal-aquariums.com
I did one searching and didn't see any recent similar threads.

My muffler is shot, has a big hole where the pipe goes in on the upstream side. I don't think I want to afford the $500+ stock replacement right now. Most of what I'm seeing online is the Bosal for $140ish. Reviews say some people have had issues with the hangers not fitting right and that it's a little louder than stock. Any first hand experience out there or suggestions for another option? My local muffler guy can cut the old one out and weld something else in, but I'm leaning towards a bolt on replacement. Thoughts?

I did Bosal and it is quiet to me. I purchased with an aftermarket muffler already on prior to replacement though..

Do you want a Borla SS muffler?
I’m going to remove mine

devo
I'm going to guess your Borla is going to cost a lot more than a Bosal. If I'm wrong, I might be interested. Why are you removing it? How does it sound? I want something as close to stock as possible, not looking to make it sound bigger or louder.

Borla is what I replaced FYI, it was louder and didn’t like it. Drive to Sac listen to mine lol.

Yeah, I figured the Borla was loud, it would cost me almost as much in gas to drive to Sac and back as it would to get a stock muffler:) What are you replacing it with?

Yeah, I figured the Borla was loud, it would cost me almost as much in gas to drive to Sac and back as it would to get a stock muffler:) What are you replacing it with?

I did the Bosal.

20170512_145257.jpg

Mines been running the Walker muffler since 2016 or 2017. Forget where I bought it but I remember it costing $115. It’s nice and quiet, and made no change in perceived engine performance. No complaints here. These cheaper mufflers are not made of SS and won’t last as long but being you are in CA, that’s much less of a concern.

Just ordered up the Bosal, time to grab a new can of PB Blaster and get those bolts soaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom