Looking for spray touch up paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78 FJ40 that is beige--(cc 464)...

Where can I find some spray touch up? I have seen some small surface rust in some areas that I would like to correct, any supplier we can order from?

Thanks

Don

I too need some in the Freeborn Red variety.

Dave Dearborn has said several times that NAPA can mix it up for you and put it in a can. Never tried it myself, but it seems like a good option, better than the random rattle can.

Any mid size to bigger paint shops can custom do paints. They use a digital gun to shoot the truck that will give them the exact mixture for a paint. Neat process to to see it.

wish I had a Napa here in the DC area.... :(

I will check with a few local shops...thanks guys

Don

yep, $12 a can, mixed to match at the auto paint stores, they can also do some spendier paints, not sure what the difference is.....they told me but I forgot.

on a fj40 a good piece to take off and have scaned in the flip open side vents, they come off easy.

Don, if you ever find any, please let me know (or come back and report here) as I'm also looking in the same area, for maybe even the same color on my '83 FJ60 (tan/beige).

Chris

Don.. what are you talking about no napa stores here.. I visit one in manassas and one in herdon on a regular basis.. They're not on every street corner like autozone or advance but they're here. go to www.napaonline.com and search for one that's close to you!

what about primer? can you get a quality primer in a similar fashion from Napa or else? I have some areas in need of attention on my rig as well.

Colin

Sorry about that....I thought everyone was talking about a Napa Collision Center. So you can get this done at a Napa Parts store?

Thanks

Don

Oh sorry about that Don.. See what happens when you come in late on a thread.. :doh: :slap:
Check out the yellow pages.. and find the closest ppg dealer.. I think I had some cans made by Matto's a while back but I was just there a few weeks back and they no longer did it so I just picked up a quart to spray in a cheap gun. Definatly call around there has to be a place close by that does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom