Looking for some Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well there is a bit of a story around this one, Jan. 7th I hit some ice on a corner out at Nordegg and piled my Tacoma into a tree.

Truck is in rough shape but I'm okay. So the Taco needs some parts to bring her back to life. And I might as well make some improvements.

I'm looking for the front rad assembly, LH front fender, Hood, Lights, A/C condenser, steering wheel, driver and passenger side mirrors, and radiator for a 2006 Tacoma.

The extras are Dana 60 front axle out of a Ford. Wrecked early 2000's Tundra with 4.7 V8 for engine and drivetrain swap. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm going to go hard on this and hope to have her back for the September Rubicon run.

So I currently don't have a wheeling rig. I'll still plan trips and ride along on the odd one.

Thanks,

John

good to hear you are ok, trucks can be fixed!
I am liking the v8 swap, cant wait to see it completed.

....screw the Taco.... Finish the 45!!!! Glad to hear you're OK, too bad about the Taco.

You driving a Yaris for the interim? I heard they wheel pretty good!

Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok. Is there a build thread for the 45? What stage is it at now?

Hey John, as I already said - sorry about the truck but glad you're OK man! Just a suggestion: You should be able to find all those Taco items on ebay. The upside is that the parts will be brand new, and you will have it within a week or two at a reasonable price. Downside is that it will be aftermarket.

Also, there are a couple wreckers here in Calgary that seem to usually stock Toyotas, so you can check with them:
P&S auto parts 403-285-3400
A1 parts 403-280-8888
Forest lawn 403-272-2611

Also try http://car-part.com/

Good luck! :steer:

I'll get some pics up. If I want to be wheeling anytime sooner than next year I have to get the Taco back on the road. The Cruiser is just way to far behind and the cost to finish it will be hard to cover being a need to buy another vehicle to drive in the mean time.

Build thread is in my sig for the cruisers. I'll update the build thread tonight with new pictures.

if you dont care for oem rockauto is a good choice... have most of the parts for the tacos I got a front gill if you need its chrome though..

Well for your viewing displeasure...

Good news is I picked up a cheap super duty for axles. Now I need the Tundra and some specialty parts. Anyone know anyone interested in my current axles?

148909_10151197940893869_133598824_n.jpg

299603_10151197940768869_1903335919_n.jpg

421162_10151197940853869_1560872274_n.jpg

Yeeeesh, you should send a picture of that bumper to Allpro... That thing must be made of cheese... You've got your work cut out for you... Good luck man, hope you get 'er back on the road soon.

What, no pics of the tree? And the Toyota Gods looked down upon the Ford/Chev parts added to the Tacoma and said, 'it is not good.' Maybe its a sign? lol

No doubt, insurance wrote it off, cut you a check and a new beast will rise from the ashes of the old...

potlatch4805 said:
Yeeeesh, you should send a picture of that bumper to Allpro... That thing must be made of cheese... You've got your work cut out for you... Good luck man, hope you get 'er back on the road soon.

I believe thats a John Fab bumper

I stand corrected sir

ouch!!! sorry to see your taco like that, john.

Well I'm having really good luck. Got my one ton diffs, 60 front, sterling rear, complete 2003 tundra already pulled the engine out. Got all the nasty plasma cut off the front of my truck and should have the whole drivetrain pulled out today. I'll get pics up when in a bit.

Still looking for parts for facial reconstructive surgery for the front of the Taco.

Well here is the beginning of the next version of the Taco. Kind of a forced mod since I crashed into a tree. I wanted to do this for a while and the tree sped the process up for sure. Needless to say its time for a lot of cutting and welding.

Here is the donor for the V8. It was a terminator 3 2003 Edition.

IMAG0445_zps31652735.jpg

IMAG0446_zpsfd88c021.jpg

And here is the Taco with its not so straight front clip.

IMAG0447_zps928fefbb.jpg

Anyway I started by pulling the engine out of the Tundra with drivetrain.

IMAG0452_zpsa7ce42b6.jpg

IMAG0455_zpsdd765e2e.jpg

IMAG0456_zpscc081940.jpg

Then after that engine was out I started by cutting all the twisted metal off the front of the Taco. Then end of the frame rails is twisted so that all gets cut off. The frame other then the horns is good. So I'll build a new front cross member and link the front.

IMAG0449_zps849b3fc5.jpg

IMAG0448_zps99ac1aa9.jpg

IMAG0458_zps095a42f1.jpg

IMAG0461_zps9b73579f.jpg

The engine cracked the balancer and front cover in the crash so not sure how if it will ever run again.

IMAG0459_zpsf02e2928.jpg

IMAG0460_zps63033f81.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom