Looking for some info on my 5 speed HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys, I'm back on mud after a short time being landcruiserless, 2 kids, and a job that consumes all of my other time.

I just picked up a 1991 HDJ81 with a manual transmission and factory electric lockers.

I'm looking to understand what transmission I have and if it has anything in common with BJ70's or BJ60's that were sold in Canada in case I need a clutch.

Also, I think it needs a new or rebuilt master cylinder because the brakes are not holding pressure.

Here are some shots.
8331lfd_20.jpg
153781_I_Large.jpg

My '92 is the h151f, yours is prolly the same. Nice looking truck!:D

Gord

Thanks,

I'm not too familiar with the tranny / t-case codes. I'm assuming h151f is the transmission and hf1a is the transfercase.

My truck has free wheeling hubs and is part time 4wd. Does you think the t-case is still a hf1a?

Your ID plate on the firewall should indicate the trans used in your truck....Not sure with that fw hub & PT 4wd combo, but I know that MOT on this forum has the exact same setup on his 1990 HDJ-81. He is in Japan and can help you with learning more about your rig....just send him a private message. Good guy, he even let me drive his truck when I visited him! :clap:

Gord

Hey, it looks just like my truck, except yours is not trashed like mine! :hillbilly:

My tranny is H151F, but being an idiot that I am, not sure on the transfer case. :doh:

It looks like there were three different ones listed (HF1A, HF2A, and HF2AV) for '91 (June).

I'm sure you're fine, but let me know if I can do anything for ya!

Congrats!

Mot (Hey Gord!)

All turbo diesels with manuals had the h151 .......?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom