Looking for some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just arrived in Ft St John for 2-3 weeks work. On the drive up from Maple Ridge, I lost the oil filler cap on my 2f. Is there one available for purchase anywhere in town?

Thanks,
Rick

Not sure, I don't run Gas trucks, so don't know if my diesel caps would fit out of some of my spare trucks. I can try calling Howard up to see if he has a spare lying around. Otherwise you can try Nappa, or even 4 Wheel Auto will put anything on the bus and it's up here next day from Edmonton, let me know if you need any help tracking one down.
Cheers,
Deny

Deny
Thanks for the info. I might try 4 Wheel - that's a good turn-around time on delivery.

Thanks,
Rick

Was able to order one through NAPA - arrived in 24 hours. Thanks again Deny.

Rick

No Problem Rick, we don't have the selection the Vancouver area does, but we get by ;) If you are in desperate need of any interchangable parts between the gassers and diesel let me know, as I have no 2F stuff. What truck are you driving around, might spot you in the area? The odd time I might be rolling my big beige 60 or my old blue BJ42.
Cheers,
Deny

I'm driving my '78 FJ40. It's about 3 different colours of beige and will probably have a Spectra Energy magnetic sign on the doors. I've been keeping my eyes open for any Cruisers but no luck other than a FJ45 parked in someones yard.

Rick

yeah this place is pretty slim pickings for cruisers around. Nice, I can't believe Spectra is letting that happen, don't they have a newer truck policy? What are you doing for Spectra?

I'm actually contracted through HMA Land to do Public awareness for Spectra. I'm updating contact info for residents either on the Right of Way or in the Emergency Planning Zone and supplying them information on the pipeline. I was doing the same in the Lower Mainland and they asked if I would come up North to finish up some of the areas in and around FSJ. Never having been up here before, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Getting paid to do this has allowed me some money to spend on the Cruiser - never a bad thing! Having had her from brand new, there is a sentimental attachment there.

Saw you on saturday in FSJ. My son spotted you coming at us on the hwy. Then I saw the Spectra sticker and laughed hard.

If I would have checked here sooner I could have lent you a cap, next time I guess.

Brad

Squiggy
I am sure I have caused more than few laughs but when it's your only vehicle, they get what they get! I appreciate the offer - hopefully there won't be a next time for the cap.

Looks like I was almost down your way today - I went for a drive across the old Kiskatinaw bridge.

Rick

Your truck have some boat racks on top, and do you take the spectra sticker off when you are at the hotel, think I saw your truck when I went to get subway last night parked at the hotel had some primer on it though, wasn't completely beige.
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom